News on Gaya Simulations Munich?

Hi there,

Any news on Gaya Simulation’s version of EDDM Munich? I feel like it’s been “Coming Soon” for a really long time… I know someone already did EDDM (SimWings?) but would like to see how the two compare before purchasing…

Thanks!

1 Like

They announced it in autumn last year and since the one SimWings there’s been no further mention of it. If you ask me, they’ve shelved it. I pulled the trigger on the SimWings version. It’s pretty good.

They actually provided an update last month.

"EDDM- In full throttle! I can say much of the art work have been done already and we preparing to make first test the next 2 weeks. Right afterwards we will start alpha testing, beta and hopefully to have it done not so long from now. Like Zurich- forget anything you know before about quality, level of details and immersion when speaking about EDDM. "

2 Likes

Isn’t it going to be in WUVI, Germany and Austria, etc?

This actually lines up. Germany is part of the next WU and Gaya is making the airports.

1 Like

oh thanks. Hadn’t seen that.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Challenge though is they aren’t willing to drop even a hint on tentative timelines. It is not shelved for sure, saw that answer from them very recently.

Ahhh excellent - and silly me for looking on their website, not Facebook, for this :laughing: I didn’t even know they had a Facebook!

Quite… When it’s just “Coming Soon” for so long with no (obvious) updates, you kind of fear the worst!!

Well, it is a VERY big airport, bigger than what Gaya usually does, so it’s not surprising that they’re taking their time.

Having competition, it’s also understandable that they want to deliver an exceptional product. The airport by Simwings is very good, so it isn’t exactly child’s play to top it.

I’ve been holding out for the Gaya version of EDDM Munich for ages now. I think I’m going to throw in the towel.

They’ve been absolutely radio silent for over a year now I think, with no new products, the website hasn’t been updated since I-don’t-know-when, and their forums are offline completely. Their Facebook hasn’t been updated since February when they said some ground service vehicles were coming “soon” for LOWW (which I have…and no updates to date!).

I know they have worked directly with Asobo to create some POI’s but at this point, with a complete dereliction of communication out, I’m assuming they are either no more, or have gotten out of the game completely.

Does anyone have any information to the contrary? Should I just take the plunge and buy the Sim Wings version of EDDM?

Cheers

Mike, UK

They now seem to do all of the world update airports for Asobo so perhaps they’ve abandoned conventional third party creations.

I’d certainly lean towards a totally dependable source of income.

3 Likes

Indeed, and if that’s the case, I don’t blame them. But they should set customer’s expectations, and not keep them hanging…

They actually recently made an update on their facebook page, you might want to check it out. But it’s nothing too detailed.

Well, more than one year passed now and Gaya’s version of Munich is still listed as “coming soon” like many others. I think they are almost completely focusing on creating the airports for each world update. So my guess is, we will not see any of their announced airports in the near future or maybe never.

2 Likes

By now, most people who wanted to buy it have already done so from the one that was available. Market left for them may be a question.

Current one is also quiet decent so there may be very few who may want to jump the fence and one coming from Gaya may have to be exceptional for anyone to do it.

1 Like

It has no indication of timelines. Current one has issues with very few of AI parking on gates and that just kills immersion.

You’re right. At leat Gaya is still developing new stuff apart from MS/Asobo airports. But I’m not sure if this should be a GSE overhaul. New airports would be more of my interesting. Let’s see what the new Vienna update contains.

Any news here?
Im getting one Munich or another, question is if I should wait for Gaya or just buy the available one?

I recently purchased the SImwings one and enjoy it well. It’s good on performance and looks very detailed