Next world update confirmed - CANADA!

Per today’s dev q@a!!!

28 Likes

“What a glorious day for Canada, and therefore of course, the world.”

43 Likes

Finally. I know quite a few other Canuckistanis that will be thrilled about this update.

19 Likes

Excellent!!!

3 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to it in September!

Excellent news!

Hopefully they update Edmonton, Rogers arena and new office towers.

I imagine that there will be a second or even third WU in the future as they have done with the USA. It’s impossible for them to do the entire country of Canada in such a way that would seem complete in one WU.

Looking forward to this

4 Likes

Late September. :wink:

1 Like

Can’t waited to see what’s in store for Newfoundland/Labrador. YYT needs some serious attention!

3 Likes

Agreed.

You could say that w/ any of our large countries. US has had 2 and still hasn’t touched 50% of it.

2 Likes

C, eh! N, eh! D, eh!

5 Likes

Pleased to hear that Canada is next. Its going to make North America an even more interesting place to fly.

2 Likes

Oh yeah that’s what I meant! Forgot that we are still in August :joy:

1 Like

I REALLY hope they update the whole country wiht the updated Bing ground textures and not just the areas they’re actively working on. The ground textures used in the sim are pretty ancient compared to what’s live in Bing atm. In some cases, Bing has been updated multiple times since compared to what’s being shown in the sim.

6 Likes

New DEM and aerials
12 photogrammetry cities
87 POI (think it was 87)
3 landing challenges
3 bush trips
4 airports

Might remember some numbers incorrectly

3 Likes

Would love to get Halifax, Kelowna & Banff (less likely) as photogrammetry & improvements & expansions on others like Vancouver, Montreal etc.

3 Likes

I’d like to see the terrain mesh improved over the BC mountains and Vancouver Island. :). YYJ is in horrible condition

7 Likes

I hope an improvement of north coast.

the whole country needs improvement :sweat_smile:
stop asking for specific regions (joke)

4 Likes

People are talking about the places that are special to them, and I don’t think we should be discouraging people from mentioning them.

7 Likes

Link to Q&A? Can’t find it on YouTube and I would love to show a Canadian friend.

1 Like