Night time is too dark comparing to real life

Also, the moon is not always full. Some nights it sheds no or very little light at all. So even if they did add moonlight you’re not always going to get it. But surprisingly it does get dark at night.

when clear sky light enough for see some. not as right now. same about ground light there much more light in real than in this simulator/game. omg. really? moon is not full all time? wow. but i talking about(obviously) moon phase, that can give light and not be a yellow useless circle. people flight night. some time

ts not the moon. I felt for this too. Its the eye adaption that is messed up, what can be clearly seen in this picture. Its the exact same day/hour/minute/location, just the camera angle is changed.

see the pics in next post.

So, i add my 2 cent to this too.

This is NOT the moon. I thought that first too, as can be seen in this topic.

But it wasnt the moon.

Its the eye adaption. But its not missing, its just different from before. On daytime its barely visible. On tighttime it seems to depend VERY much on the surrounding light and the camera angle.

Here are 2 pictures. THis is the excact same moment, differing by 5 second. All i did is move the cam the degree seen.

I see a problem that for an unknown reason the eye adaptation works the other way around.

When the camera gets in the dark spot, either in the cockpit or outside, the scenery darkens even more. That is the opposite to how it used to behave before.

And exactly this is an issue of dark cockpits in bigger aircraft like e.g. pmdg 737.

I’ve been using Geforce experience for the freestyle filters for over 2 years now, couldn’t run without it as the image looks terrible without it.

Don’t remember having to download any shader files though, are you sure you aren’t confusing this with reshade (which I could never get to work anyway) As far as I can remember there’s nothing else required other than the Nvidia Geforce experience, or am I missing something?

If you do a search for Nvidia Ansel shaders, they come in a zip file. Just to make sure, are you using Alt+F3 to activate the shaders? If I remember correctly, you have to make a sub-directory called Ansel, in Program files, Nvidia Corp and that’s where I put the shader files. And just press Alt+F3 within the sim. I have never used without installing the shaders. I hope this helps.

Yes i activate it with Alt + F3 , but I dont have any folder with shaders.
I just select the filters I want (I use the brightness/contrast, detail, and colour filters).
Then I just adjust the various sliders in each of those categories which changes the image in realtime.

The filters program is called Freestyle, Ansel is for screenshot photos as far as I can see, i wonder if we are talking about different aspects of the Geforce experience?

Yes. Since SU10 it is too much dark. Global lighting is broken, cockpits are dark too.

I think freestyle is for screenshots and ansel is for actual in game shaders. I use F2 for in sim screens and F3 for actual in sim shading.

Looks the same way on Xbox too. I’ve adjusted the tv settings around a lot and still too dark.

I see a problem that for an unknown reason the eye adaptation works the other way around.

When the camera gets in the dark spot, either in the cockpit or outside, the scenery darkens even more. That is the opposite to how it used to behave before.

And exactly this is an issue of dark cockpits in bigger aircraft like e.g. pmdg 737.

Sorry, think you are mistaken, you don’t need to download any shaders for the post processing filters provided by Freestyle.

Freestyle is for the filters

Ansel is for screenshots

I think you and I are both right…in a way. You do have access to the shaders without having to install the shaders. But, if you do, you will have more of a choice for shaders than you have now. Check it out. Thanks for pointing that out to me though.

My issue is the opposite. The scenery in my local area is lit up like a Disney fairy land with every little dirt track out in the boondocks populated with street lights :smiley:

Two observations, having lived for years in outback Australia an hours drive from any town lights:

• in real life on a moonless night in the bush you can barely see your hand held up in front of your face and if you try walking without a lamp or torch you will end up in a hole or off a cliff
  • your eyes take more than a few seconds to adjust, in fact to fully adjust to no light at all seems to to take more like 5 or 10 minutes

Ok, thanks for info I’ll look into it.

Downloaded some extra filters (curated reshade filters) and you are correct I do get a larger choice of filters.
I haven’t found any yet that are of much use though for MSFS. I’ve seen some mention of HDR tweaking filters but haven’t been able to find any yet.
Any that you can recommend ?

There is a different set of shaders than these that are also for Nvidia. Do a search for “Nvidia Ansel shaders”. They come in a zip file also. I do remember a shader for HDR included with them. The install is the same. I just turned my comp on so get back to me if you run into any problems. I’ll be on for quite a few hours.
Mark.

Not just a pc problem, it happens on Xbox too. One flight it’s too dark, other flights it’s too bright

1 Like

when you flight low enough you can see night lights, so it’s has to be ok, just after su10 those lights become too small and too dim… i think this is the only one problem, what can be fixed by devs or even by simple addon or some file/code editing with little work… same about sky’s light source from moon, stars and different air condition’s dispersion/light conductivity

1 Like