No lights on Svalbard Longyear?

Title basically says it all, did a flight to Svalbard today. Checked yesterday if it had any lights and it did. But with landing today I didn’t have any runway lights. I’m not using any third party Svalbard scenery so anyone have any idea what’s causing this?

Power outage on Svalbard?

1 Like

I have noticed this as well maybe two weeks ago. Also a runway on ESSA is broken. Too bad Asobo/Microsoft don’t seem to maintain the functionality of their free airports.

Hmm bummer!

There are over 40k airports in the sim. There bound to be some errors on some of them. What do you mean with lights? Runway lights? Taxi lights? Pole lights?

Basically all the lights used for navigation: PAPI, runwaylights, taxi lights etc

Poles and city lights works

1 Like

Ah yes, it should have runway lights and taxi lights. Did you install the Nordics World Update?

Yes I did install the WU

I had this issue today as well, no PAPI lights despite real world charts showing PAPI on Left and Right side

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no
Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes
Brief description of the issue:

When flying to Svalbard (handbuilt/World Update Norway) the runway lighting is not on. Also noticed live weather did not update as there was no snow on landing. When I then reloaded the sim AT Svalbard, the snow was back and the runway lights were fine (although should have been on both sides with PAPI for example)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

ENSB
Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly to Svalbard from Tromso or Alta
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Irrelevant
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.30.12/years ago also, still not fixed.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Not using dev mode

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

just default handcrafted ENSB from the WU

when flying into the ENSB airport no lights that mark the runway or taxiways or PAPI load - however they do load when starting a flight at ENSB

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

ENSB

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

fly from anywhere into ENSB airport

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9-12900KF, RTX3080ti

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

current game after WU15

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Flight ENTC-ENSB.
In ENSB there was no rw lights. (Apch lights was on).
Arrived ENSB 11:30z
Installed WU15

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

ENSB

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

Yes
[

Could your issue be related to this more general one ?:

I did a flight from Svalbard to Tromsø (ENSB-ENTC), then i had the same issue with missing RW and Papi lights at ENTC.

I am using ENTC from markedplace, but since i had the same issue at Tromsø perhaps this issue is wider and affect multiple airports.

1 Like

Not fixed in newest update which included fixes to ENSB… not sure what they fixed tbh since nothing that was actually very broken… got fixed?