Runway lights are off

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Nope, no dev mode.

Brief description of the issue:

When starting a flight during sunset the runway lights are off or won’t switch on.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight at any airport and be sure to arrive the destination when it’s dark there.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I think that isn’t relevant for this topic.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have been struggling with the same issue that you describe and have no clues how to resolve it. Departures airports are ok with all lights, but destinations aren’t. I’m using developer Mode but made no changes in it (only for FPS)

For me the problem appears randomly: sometimes (sometimes not) when I approach to an airport at night ALSF lights, PAPI, and runway lights are turned off so it’s impossible to land in that conditions. I don’t have any clues of what is causing the problem. I have experienced this issue with different destinations as SCEL, SCQP and SCSE.

Here I provide some images that shows runway lights from charts and how actually lights looked in my last approach.

2 Likes

ESGG, ENTC, ESNU, ENBR, ESSV, ESOE, ESSA 19R. Runway lights are off during approach, or partially switched off (night time).

1 Like

Interesting, I have the opposite problem. Runway lights are on despite in broad daylight…

EKCH - all runways

I flew to Tromso ENTC and on approach there was approach lighting and no runway lighting. I reloaded MSFS and Tromso had perfect lighting including the runway and approach. I flew to Bergen ENBR again on approach there was some threshold approach lighting but no runway lighting, Again I reloaded MSFS and the runway lighting was perfect. This a bug I haven’t seen before.

1 Like

I just had the same problem landing at 7pm local time at KTEX/Telluride. No runway/approach lighting, but the blue lights around the terminal parking area were on. I still greased the landing even though I didn’t see the runway until about 10 feet AGL. :slight_smile:

I had this exact problem. Then noticed ground textures in my settings had been reduced to 10! Increasing it back up to 100 fixed this issue for me

I’ve been recreating this problem this morning. I always get approach lights at ENSB, but nothing else! If you see this, dive, dive, dive! It turns out, you can see all runway lights if the approach is not too steep! ENSB is a good test as it’s pitch black this time of year. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, you’ve got to miss the hill whilst plummeting down. Good luck!

Same problem here on an approach to ENSB. No lights except approach lights. Runway was snow covered.
Altitude didn’t seem to be an issue, because the lights were while taxiing too.

Later I opened MSFS again in DEV mode with the same enviromental settings and all lights were there on ground. Also a third time without DEV mode. Weird…

1 Like

I just had a thought… some airports have Pilot Controlled Lighting, where you use your radio to turn on the lights after the controllers have gone home, or for non-towered airports. Could that actually be modelled at ENSB, KTEX, and other airports?

Thougt about that too but which frequency should you dial? Normally you already have the approach freq.

no runway lights

1 Like

Same problem since the last update. In almost all airports, purchased or not, I cannot land at night because the runway lights are off. It is not a problem with the scenario, because they work perfectly when taking off. Can someone help us?

I landed at BIRK this weekend. The lights before the runway threshold were on, as well as the taxiway blue lights, but the actual runway lights were off when I touched down. At some point before exiting the runway, the lights turned on.

2 Likes

Yesterday, landing in LIRA. Runway lights off. So, in all my airports.

2 Likes

@ Apupu1928

Hello,

pls do same test without any 3-rd party things. pls be kind return then with news, I’m very curious.

Well, the same thing happens to me at LEBL, LEPA, LEBB, LIRA, LICC, the latter are all purchased and many more… But the same thing happens at airports that come due to defects, LEMD, LEZL… And in some, such as LEIB example, you can see the lights from above, but when you land the lights are above the runways and the plane, floating in the air…

I’m lucky one that never bought 3-rd party airports and also WU heh

No runway lights at LFPG?, also had this issue on pretty much every night flight I do on Xbox.

1 Like