No live weather after 23:00z? Try this dumb fix

I don’t know if anyone has discovered this before. When live weather disappeared on the stroke of 23:00z this evening I thought I would try something dumb like setting my PC system clock back a couple of hours. Guess what? Live weather is working. Conversely when resyncing PC time to actual time within the 23:00 -00:12z-no-weather-time-slot live weather disappears. Go figure! I guess it means that the daily live weather outage is not totally server dependent and that there is something in the local code that is messed up?
Try it. Report if you get the same result

15 Likes

That is seriously ridiculous!

What a weird bug.

2 Likes

Really? That’s a great workaround because I’ve given up on MSFS due to this asinine problem. The only hour I have to play MSFS each day is between 6 and 7 PM and I’m not flying in perpetually clear sky and no wind or snow on the ground. Thanks!!!

It worked for you?

I confirm :rofl: it works

1 Like

I wish I had tried this a month and a half ago :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

That’s a great find. :+1:
It doesn’t rule out the server though, or mean its the sim coding.
That could be stored data that you are getting.
You would have to set the time back an hour at 0012Z to see if there is data there for that time span.

Came here as I was looking for what on earth is going on with live weather lately. I thought it was intermittent and server related. Sad to see it also has to do with game code itself and it’s also happening way too often, if not every night. What a disappointment.

+1 for your finding.

Was planning to try that

1 Like

If you are going to try, you would have to spawn into that time frame.
If you are in the midst of a flight when 2300z occurs, the weather stays as was.

Live weather back at 00:12z
Set PC time back to 23:10z 25/1/22 => no live weather
Set PC time forward to 23:10z 26/1/22 => no live weather
Set PC time forward to 20:00z 26/1/22 => live weather works
Restarted a new flight with each time change

Anyway, as a workaround for that annoying daily outage it works so I’ll take it.

1 Like

So its either a loss of weather data to the server, or a server issue.

Wow - that is some seriously messed up stuff - I figured it was some type of server update that was occurring in that time frame - not that it would somehow be affected by your local clock…sigh…

BTW good find…

1 Like

so, basically the server is alive but they don’t have the weather data during that time window.

1 Like

Even outside the time window I been getting issues with the live weather… suddenly it stops injecting, and it sets to clear skies calm wind and press 29.92… anyone know anything?

I suspected this might be the case. And instead of sending out a quick hotfix to the client, here we are two months later with nothing but crickets.

Fotr the umpteenh time, it’s up to the community to find a workaround to a stupid ridiculous problem that Microsoft/Asobo is too lazy to fix.

2 Likes

Wow, nice find, thanks!

Ok seriously Asobo, here’s a good hint as to what the issue is, fix this please.

Hope they get that fixed for SU8

(Would like Next week’s WU but dont have high expectations)

I tagged the moderator to pass the bug to devs but my comment got deleted? Im not sure why?