No live weather today? [January 1, 2022]

All joking aside, I sincerely hope when the developers return to the office from their break they really get their act together to sort the issues we have faced now for too long.

The more and more updates are released, the further away it seems to get from what was ‘sold’ to us in all the pre-release material.

I think we’ve all been more than patient.

16 Likes

Wise words

1 Like

Yes, once again, no live weather.

Just do offline preset

I sbmited a report to MS. But we should also Vote here: No Live Weather (Issue reported on 1 Jan 2022 and is likely a temporary server issue) - #14 by TOFFGUN

Was flying in Michigan last night and didn’t have any. First time in a long time I didn’t have live working.

These posts make me feel better about buying REX Weather

2 Likes

It’s not perfect and not as “dramatic,” but it works!

Welcome to the wonderful world of DevOps. Who needs sysadmins doing systems design, instrumentation, monitoring and maintenance when the cloud will automagically take care of everything!

I’m not bitter. Do I sound bitter? I’m not bitter. Praise the cloud!

5 Likes

Just bought, better than nothing if you have an extra $20 to spend

FYI It does give some serious slowdowns when using transitions.

They’ll Have a job returning to the office, France have entered lockdown and employee’s have to work from home if they can. So hopefully this doesn’t slow down development of the sim.

1 Like

They’ve closed the vote, saying to post in one place ie this thread.

Absolutely… cant agree more. Asobo need to get down to serious work ASAP, and stop breaking things that work prev only to now have to wait months for the fix. Even the plane weather radar broke and likely only fix in nxt SU…

2 Likes

So still no communication…hope we dont have to wait till monday…

I think Microsoft needs to fix the servers though.

1 Like

Same for me, no live weather, but METAR is present for the major airports. Flying near Moscow, Russia.

8 Likes

well said…

So… No live weather injected anywhere on the planet right now. Is that correct?