No more visible lines of rain in external view

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
No rain lines in external view ufter su5
Hi guys…have you noticed that the rain in external view is no more visible…it’s visible only the interaction of droplets with terrain…before su5 we could see the lines of rain in external view
Edit…I think it’s good as it is…some line of rain is visible with the light of airplane on

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Select heavy rain an you can’t see lines of rain in external view anymore

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
I9 9900k 32 gb ram rtx 3080ti

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
After su5

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?not yet

Hi there, since I am in a low to mid end graphics card I’ve lowered a lot of the MSFS graphical settings, but since I enjoy flying in rain a lot, I know that in cockpit view the windscreen effects is what affecting my rain effect experience, but how about the external camera? seems that only rain splash on the ground is visible but no rain drops falling in the air in that view, any suggestion on what setting would make it appear?

Rain effects are kind of messed up in last update. The windows used to look super cool with rain, now the rain is inside the windows inside the cockpit. its like a kid that can’t stay inside the lines with a coloring book.

As long as your windshield rain effects are on at a high enough level, you will see the rain effects. But they are ruined as of last update.

seems so, but is the external camera also ruined? coz now in external camera there’s no rain visible at all which is my main concern, in the cockpit view I use ultra setting which is fine

solved…it is visible in certain conditions

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

Sorry I am new here if this is in the wrong place. My rain particles (the lines) do not show unless I have all the lights on and am not in external view, as you can see though, you only really see them better the darker it is. Has my game decide to break?

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Any time or date any place

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

RTX 3080TI & i7 12700k

Since Sim update 5

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Same result with and without

Nearby raindrops no longer get shown outside direct light. They used to be lit up by ambient light as shown below. This loses some of the effect of rainy weather. In real life you can see them in daylight.

Raindrops invisible

Raindrops visible in early versions

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Daytime

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Set rainy weather during daytime with aircraft lights turned off.

Xbox release

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Another update … & this is still broken… thats 5 updates now

still missing … hope they bring it back

Hello, I have no brain. What do you mean, are we talking rain beading effects on the windows when in external view?

Hello, i mean in the air, like if you look at my screenshots there are no lines as the rain is falling but only splashes on the ground. However in front of a aircraft light and i also recently noticed when there is a flash of lightning you do see lines for a moment.

This leaves me to believing this is a lighting bug and issues and i dont know how we let the developers know.

1 Like

Aha, I get you! There is a technical term for it I’m sure but you’re exactly right. So, we’re talking visual rain fall, i.e. from the sky, the effect itself of rain falling.

First glance, could be something to do with transparency being too high within a texture setting, possibly for fps reasons. This would tie in with SU5 round about when the Xbox version was released.

That does sound right, i wonder if ine could manually change the file that does this texture as i would be happy to change it myself haha. I am a weather nut so this bothers me a lot :tired_face:

Can you tell me how you got the rain lines to show again i never see it :frowning:

If you’re still experiencing this problem, I landed in Frankfurt over the weekend, raining cats and dogs and visible rainfall has returned! Any joy with yourself? I did recently update my GPU driver before Christmas so not sure if it had something to do with that.

Hi everyone. When I select the external view and it’s raining I don’t see rain drops when I’m outside. I go into the cockpit and it’s storming raindrops. Any thoughts if there’s a fix?
Settings are ultra.

2 Likes

Hmmmm. I see “rain” in the air on my external view, and I see rain-effects on my canopy (although no real rain hitting it, per se). I don’t see rain actually hitting any part of my plane either.
I don’t think I have any particular setting related to this. It’s just how it’s shown for quite a while now.
The second screenshot is not so great, but I do see rain hitting the ground (small splatters). It’s much more obvious in the live screen than this grab.
But in general, outside views of rain are not as effective as it appears from inside the plane.
Regards

There is a bug report for this issue: No more visible lines of rain in external view

I’m not saying it’s not possible but IMO currently the coding would likely be cumbersome with a sizable fps drop. One for the future, possibly with a video engine upgrade.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

yes

yes and no

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No but it behaves the same with all AA methods

Rain is clearly visible from the cockpit looking at the glass and on the ground.
but the rain drops are not visible when in external view.
just the tiny drops on the ground.
not sure if this is intended now or not.
I think I remember seeing the rain drops before in < SU11

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

set to storm or rain, observe

PC specs and peripheral set up:

LG C2 OLED 4K - 5800X3D - 3080Ti - 32GB RAM - Win 11 Pro

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: