No Online Traffic / No Live Traffic

Another here, last few days done a few short 1hr trips across France and not encountered or heard over ATC any live traffic, only seen other mp simmers in the sky.

Folks - here’s a Poll to try and help the Dev Team. This is an informal poll by me, not by the Community Managers.

Please read through it first. Ideally, we’d like everyone to launch the sim as-is and confirm they’re not seeing Live Traffic.

THEN, if you haven’t upgraded to the XBox App and Gaming Services, consider doing so (caution - I can’t tell you what downstream implications there are joining the Windows Gaming Preview - please do so at your own risk), reboot and try the sim again to see if it helps.

Thanks!

Live Traffic Not Working Poll

This link is the procedure as documented by a board user to upgrade XBox App and Gaming Services, as recommended last week by Dev Team. If you have not yet installed the upgrade, please check the Sim for Live Traffic Functionality first.

These results will be relayed to the Community Managers to hopefully assist the Dev Team in troubleshooting.

Without Making Any Changes to the Sim, Are You Currently Seeing Live Traffic?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

How long ago did Live Traffic stop working for you?
  • 12 hours ago or less
  • 24-48 hours ago
  • 72 hours ago or greater
  • N/A

0 voters

Did you upgrade your XBox App and Gaming Services to the version as indicated in this post?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you upgraded XBox App and Gaming services, did you reboot after?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Did Live Traffic appear after the upgrade and reboot?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Be advised that joining “Windows Gaming” in insider hub is the same as joining any beta preview, if I understand things correctly. In other words I think you become a tester for an (as yet) unreleased version of both xbox app and gaming services. If there is any issues with either of these then it is possible that they could impact on the stability of other aspects of MSFS.

I used to be in this Windows Gaming preview and I have a hunch, but it is only a hunch, that my membership in it was partly responsible for receving a gaming services update that caused problems with logging into MSFS (where I had to constantly reset my preferences) and at the same time I lost my logbook in MSFS.

Personally, I have opted out of that preview and have no desire to sign up to it again. As with everything involved in beta testing, chose wisely. If “stability” is valued then it may be best to leave it alone.

I am also not seeing any live traffic currently in MSFS. I suspect there is an issue with their servers rather than anything we end users can do at our end to have it return.

3 Likes

Thanks @tamalien

For those who tried and upgraded to the latest version and it’s still not working - a caution is to probably withdraw immediately after from the Windows Gaming Preview. I don’t know if you’ll keep the latest XBox app and Gaming Services versions, but if Live Traffic still isn’t working for you after the upgrade, then nothing is lost by withdrawing from the Preview. This is what I’m going to do personally.

1 Like

PC user no steam
offline traffic working for me

Upgrade, rebooted, nothing.

Thanks again @CasualClick and @tamalien for at least trying to help us and getting this to their attention.

There is no update available for the X-box app? This is not making any sense. Why are you telling us to update an app for which there is no update available?

Well, shouting at me isn’t going to help, is it? I can’t help you. I hope things improve for you and you’re able to enjoy a game without getting so upset with everything and everyone.

If you read a few posts up it is suggested to join the Windows Gaming in the insider hub (whatever that is!). There are no other updates currently to be found in the “normal” way, we’re just going to have to wait for MS.

Note the caution about going for the insider app. Personally I’ll manage without Live Traffic for now, it’ll surely get sorted in the next few days.

1 Like

Yes thanks, I was unsure what that was. I’ll wait for them to fix it. Should not need to go through this rigmarole in my view! Cheers.

Same issue on Xbox Series X since couple of days.
Any official statement available from MS/Asobo?

Same here on xbox series x.

That poll above is aimed more for pc users.

This thread originally was reported by a PC user. We’ll add the XBox tag to indicate console users are also experiencing this defect. Thanks.

2 Likes

Live traffic was turned ON tonight on my trip down to Gatwick & no traffic seen/communication heard at all. Xbox X. Very unusual.

I noticed it on Friday I think, thought it was just me until I saw this thread, multiplayer is working for me, just no live traffic.

1 Like

No live traffic here for me on the east coast servers USA. Pc, Xbox x, Xbox s

Thanks everyone who checked out the Gaming Services / XBox upgrade to see if it helped (which it doesn’t appear to).

In the interests of transparency, I have sent latest status to Community Management regarding what we’ve tried, Poll Status and that XBox Console is also affected.

It’s the weekend. I don’t expect any responses from MS-Asobo until tomorrow at the earliest, and it may just be a preliminary response while they look over the results. You know exactly what I know at this very moment. When I have something to update, I will post here. It may also be that a Community Manager will directly respond instead.

Thanks for your help in troubleshooting and your patience.

At this time, if you are still part of the Windows Gaming Preview in the XBox Insider app as a result of testing the updated XBox App and Gaming Services, I strongly recommend you Leave the Preview, so no additional complications (if any) occur while we wait to hear back from Dev Team. I did this myself.

3 Likes

Thanks for the assistance. This is a great model of just how civil and constructive a discussion about a problem can be on this forum when the users are believed and responded to by a representative of the company(s).

Thanks again.

For users who report that Live Traffic is working for you -

@Tombstone0074 @Foxhound6050 could you please let us know:

1. What versions of XBox app and Gaming Services you’re running

2. What server are you on in the sim?

3. A screenshot showing nameplates would be great, to evidence it is Live Traffic and not Multiplayer.

Thanks!

1 Like