No SID/STAR/APPROACHES after installing Navigraph

Hello,

I hope someone can help. I use Navigraph and Simbrief to create flight plans. Until yesterday, I’ve never had a problem with any flights. The departure and arrivals and waypoints were exactly as planned with simbrief. However, MSFS no longer displays SID/STARS/APPROACHES etc., they don’t show up on PMDG, FENIX, Horizon, LVFR, flight plans/displays now either. I’ve checked the .pln files and all the SID/STARS/APPROACHE data is there (as normal). What’s also strange is that when I uninstalled Navigraph Hub and restarted MSFS SID/STAR/APPROACHES returned to the MSFS flight planner, then, when I re-installed Navigraph and ran MSFS the SID/STARS/APPROACHES disappeared from the MSFS flight planner, and from addons too (PMDG, Fenix, LVFR, etc.)

I’m stymied. I wrote to Navigraph, and this problem isn’t being caused by their software…

(also note from the screenshot that the displayed flightpath has the procedures incorporated, yet no flight data…)

Stymied.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Marco

Did you open the Navigraph app and install or update the Airrac cycles for the base game and potential addon aircraft?
There was a new cycle published yesterday, MSFS was updated and I think you need to upgrade your Navigraph as well in the app.

Hello,

Yes I did as I do as with every new Airac Cycle.

Thanks for your reply.

Marco

Hi,

it is common step to go to std plane like Cessna or Baron (better with G1000NXi) and do steps like find NAV, FIX and typical FPL fill action. Then you can be sure if you have data ok and not corrupted/not installed. It is also important to cooperate with Navigraph charts to be sure that all procedures are that ones you expect to use. It is common mistake that some procedures are available with std MSFS DB but after Navigraph update they are not already available/used.

If I remember well (not sure so be careful) it was expected in some cases to clear cache to have all correct as expected but all depends to your cache usage.

Thanks for your idea. I tried this, but with no luck. All procedures return on the MSFS flight planner page when I uninstall Navigraph, but the moment I reinstall Navigraph, SID/STAR/APPROACHES completely disappear from the menu.

Marco

Marco,

I mean you start flight on parking with f.ex. C172 G1000 NXi and run engine. Then try do tests inside G1000 as I recommended. Don’t create FPL on sim planner screen. As test, it is required to know if you can find any NAV (VOR, NDB, FIX) inside G1000 or not. This is maybe good start to be sure. If you create FPL as Origin Airport, destination set and then try add some Departure procedure depended to Origin Airport. Give us then what exactly Airport you’ve set and what Departure procedure, so we can maybe check also, who will have time. Report about - No luck and similar goes to nothing.

Sry, I know this is simply expected but hope you don’t do install or Update that Navigraph on sim if it is running, only for sure. If I good remember, something similar I’ve in my history but really don’t remember now. Try maybe check some Navigraph related Topics from very early times. In more worst case, go to Navigraph web site for support but Team is often looking here so hope you’ll have quick solution.

Update: now I remember :slight_smile: it was same as you but I did in that time manual delete action of Navigraph DB and did some corruption. It is required to do that steps only with Navigraph SW - Install or Remove AIRAC data, not uninstall Hub, you can easy leave it on disk :slight_smile: If you do start of install with Admin rights, you can be also sure that this is ok and better.

I recommend asking this question at Navigraph since you’re a paid subscriber. Richard and the folks on staff there are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Thanks for your reply.

I have posted on Navigraph. Their solution(s)/suggestion(s) have not worked (after trying several permutations of install/uninstall and reinstall). I’m hoping that there’s someone who’s had a similar problem here on MSFS who might be able to provide a useful suggestion.

Marco

Hello,

Thanks for your update. Much appreciated. I’ll try as you suggest tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marco

Marco!

Look at your screen again, also inside your Hub SW to left Pain. Hope I’m not wrong but here can be the problem. I see there 2 instances of FS installed. i don’t know what you did inside your system but this is that problem looks like. At my side, logically only one sim installed, although I have MS-STORE package.

Or it is maybe 2 Navigraph Hub SWs installed? Really I don’t know but you can easy also check this on your OS Apps. I know from beginning that you have some corrupted or not good referenced data to sim.

This is normal if you have Fenix installed. Bottom menu is for addons that use external applications, like Fenix. That’s why it says “Installed outside Simulator”.

aaaaaah,

thnx for info.

Update: ok, it must be also other thing in my opinion. Look at first post screenshot where expected proc is missing, as he stated. Then where is simple red color path between both airports??? Here is something wrong with sim then, in my opinion, not Navigraph.

His words inside his first post - Until yesterday, I’ve never had a problem with any flights. So what then happened? OS update, drivers update, addons update,…

OK,

I did some similar plan on Main sim and I see that sim is doing some strange things, like missing Dep and Arr Airport name plates after change something inside paths.

I have all expected with Navigraph but sim looks like isn’t doing well here.

OK, after go to Main screen and back, all appears again ok.

Ok Marco, can you share your FPL file in case you have it from other resources? I see your expected path little bit outside of my path so what is behind that you expect your path in that SE region? Simbrief FPL specific? Can you share in case your FIXes/NAVs used inside your expected FPL? I see your first screenshot similar to my without names of fixes but they are there, just like my. Try go to Main screen and back, as test to see names/IDs there.

Re-downloaded (verified files, STEAM) and all works well until I re-installed Navigraph…

No bueno :frowning:

Marco

Reinstalled or installed again over uninstalled before? Marco, these are very important things to explain better. You do some corruption without doubts. Really I don’t know what you really do, sry. I think you have to do next, you need have prior to do all things clear sim with def sim NAV data and uninstalled Navigraph. If you did some corruption previously, its really hard to recommend something exactly but this you need to have - clear sim with its def NAV data. Look, there are other users working with this Navigraph addon without problems.

Hello,

Completely uninstalled. Run MSFS verify complete removal. Shut down MSFS and my computer, then restarted and reinstalled Navigraph hub.

Marco

Hi,

ok. So it is still same like you’ve described at beginning. Sim has def NAV data and are all ok, visible and accessible, I mean to create some FPL and all is there. Then you quit sim and install Navigraph hub with install and better with Admin rights. Don’t install AIRAC now to any product, check only on left side of Hub that 2 options as in your screenshot previously - Sim as is and fenix 320???. Now close the Hub and Sign out for sure from it. Run MSFS and check if all std NAV is still there. I think it must be there because no AIRAC was installed. So give us maybe result of this if it same as my tip. Hope we will find something here :wink:

Update: maybe one tip. It is still strange to me that install of Navigraph does that problem you say. Is possible to uninstall all 3-rd party addons, also that Fenix? Really, in case of this strange situation is better to work with clean def sim without any addon and then do any tests with std def aircraft.

Thank you for your interest and assistance. I have solved the issue and reported the solution directly to the Navigraph Team.

Again, Thank you!

Marco

Seeing as how your conversation with Richard at Navigraph was offline and never recorded back to the thread on their forum, this “solution” isn’t informative to anyone here I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Hello,

so what then was the solution and where the problem was? Sry but I don’t see exactly how he solved this problem.