No switching to VR mode Oculus Quest 2

Help guys, hello! I have Oculus tried everything in the forum but to no avail. I can see the virtual flat screen but in if switch to VR Control=Tab (as set in my Bindings it’s already assigned to that key) but it will do nothing. Just won’t take me to VR. Just stays in the virtual flat screen. Al ready tried everything and read all the messages and nothing. Please help/ what am I missing? Thanks!

In the menus it will stay in the virtual flat screen, as soon as you enter the cockpit and have control (after clicking Ready to Fly) it should be in VR mode.

I have oculus quest 2 and In my case it does not swich to VR Mode. I see the fs2020 like if i was in my house in a curve television.

The only thing i did is

Run oculus link
Run fs2020

There is something More to do?

1 Like

I know and it isn’t. Any clue? I have the beta software version 24, checked the recommendations that the forums give and nothing, it stays on the flat screen…
Any ideas what could be going on?

This is my current oculus app version: 24.0.0.42.393 (24.0.0.42.393)

for me everything just worked after the OpenXR entry (finally) showed up in the Registry. Not sure why it’s not working for you.

I have the same software version and settings and nothing. No switching to VR from flat screen

Did you download open xr?
What did you do for enter in the registry, just install open xr?
The windows version?

Thanks

I just followed the recommendations by the forum in the first thread of messages and it installed everything after that but anyway cannot switch from flat to VR. The computer sees the oculus but just no switching to VR no matter what I try. Any other idea from someone that had the same issue ? Thanks in advance

Did you installed Open xr?

How can you? As far as I know when you download the betas from the oculus app web site I understand that it includes it and directs your oculus to use it
Am I right?

OpenXR comes along with the beta version of the Oculus Link app. For me it just took a while of playing around before it showed up in the registry. Couple of PC reboots, and playing around a bit in the Oculus and in the Link VR desktop thingy.

I can’t pinpoint what triggers entering it into the registry, but it just eventually happened after around an hour of messing around.

So the problem is that is not in the registry?

My registry already shows up the right one but still after 3 days nothing. No switching from flat virtual giant screen to VR. Just won’t take me there. Thanks for the input anyway. Hope,somebody can pin point the issue here

I found the solution
You must go to oculus app and in configuration select the beta, then oculus will install 10
Updates

2 Likes

Hi. I tried that. Also had the 10’updates already installed and nothing. Still nothing lets me switch from virtual flat screen to VR. Do I need ti have all the traffic settings in low? Does it make a difference ? I read somewhere that maybe it could affect not being able to switch to Vr? It would not make sense does it?

Dis you activate unknown devives in oculus menu?

Yes my friend. Still no switching to VR by the way merry Christmas to all

Is it working for you ? Can you fly in VR? Does it switch?

why is everyone so illusive on how we set up Quest 2 for MSFS for VR ? i have searched and searched and still cant find how to setup OpenXR ?? a simple step by step link is All we need !

1 Like

still didnt work for me, still saying i dont have
OpenXr ??