No Update to 1.18.15.0 available in MS-Store

Hi,
How do you install the XBox app, and how much space does it take up on your hard drive, please?
My hard drive may run out of space if it’s another massive download.
Thanks.

Just click “Downloads” in the left-hand column then the “Get Updates” button at upper right. The MSFS thumbnail should then pop up out of nowhere and install. You may also have to have the Xbox app installed already too, as others have mentioned above.

Thanks, but that doesn’t work for me, I don’t know how to install the XBox app.

Xbox app workaround solved the problem here.

1 Like

The “Xbox app” is installed through the store as well… just search for “Xbox” in the store search field.

it is about 100mb

Thanks, I’ve done that, but still no MSFS updates available. I guess I’ll just have to wait until Microsoft untie the knots they have made.

1 Like

Well, just installed the XBox app, signed out, signed in to windows store rebooted and still no luck. Marvellous process, every update is a lottery!

5 Likes

Install xbox app worked for me also. remove this xbox app just after update started.

Same issue here.

I love this simulator, but the installation process of this sim is truly awful. I can’t understand how every single update is mandatory. Why is there no ability to skip an update, so you can run the update at a more convenient time.

And why do I have to jump in and out of the store to update the sim. Some updates run in the sim, others are in the store. What’s that all about?

Microsoft are getting worse and worse at this. Their website is an absolute mess as well. You can not find anything on it.

6 Likes

Another pathetic “show” by Microsoft. No luck here with XBox App or update.

X-Plane 11 here we come…

3 Likes

Same here, gone thru all the loops including the xbox app and the instructions with synchronising etc.
Nothing for me !!

Somebody scr… up terribely again , and again

This should have been fixed immediately when it occurred last time.
I got a few thoussnds dollars sitting here, and i cant use it.
Great

2 Likes

Make sure to open the Xbox app after you install it. Then you can go back to the store and install the MSFS update.

1 Like

I can’t update. It doesn’t work for me either.

1 Like

Agreed, had to uninstall the Xbox app, reboot, reinstall the xbox app, reboot again then launch the store app and check for updates. At that point a small update for MSFS was available. Once that completed and MSFS launched, then the 2+ GB update happened. The Microsoft Store is very rough around the edges.

1 Like

Thanks, that did it for me.

Microsoft,
such a mess again.
Wish you would learn from it sometime

1 Like

There are many things to try if youre not getting the update to the FS 2020 app

-Install xbox app if you dont already have it (no need to remove it afterwards)

If you already have the xbox app try one or more of

• Reset the xbox app from apps/features
  • Reset the store app from apps/features
  • Reset the store using Wsreset
  • Log out and back in to the Store
  • Log out an back in to xbox from the xbox app

The newer versions of xbox app and Gaming Services you get as an insider seem better - try these steps

• Install Xbox Insiders Hub on PC from Store
  • Join Windows Gaming Preview
  • Check for updates in Store app - should update Xbox app and Gaming Services

Same trouble in France for me. No update to download.
So according to severals messages here, I installed Xbox app, launched FS2020 . It tells me there is un update, go to Microsoft Store, check update and it starts to download a little update . Re-launching FS2020 a second time gives me full acces to the new update ready to download. Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Thats what I did. I find a nice green button telling me there is an update for me and I even choose the correct version ( I have premium) …the green button offering me the update blinks and stays there without anything else happening. Previously I have had no problems. I think this is very poor showmanship from MicroSoft. Im disappointed.

2 Likes

AHA ! Yes install the XBOX App open it, find the update button that doesnt work, Close X box then go back to MicroSoft Store and then on the right hand side …viola - a Blue “Get Updates” button appears! There is a f… new procedure EVERY TIME you want to update MSFS 2020 !?? Why make things simple when you can make it diffucult, yes MicroSoft ? Thanks to you Patrice ! :smiley:

3 Likes