No Volumetric Lighting, weak landing lights, no runway lights

[Please go vote for this bug at the proper bug thread here:
Volumetric Lighting Effects Gone in VR]

I just took a 3 hour VR flight in the evening into the night Vaasa-Pori-Vaasa (EFVA-EFPO-EFVA)

• As it went dark it was really dark, no volumetric lighting in the clouds. Neither landing lights nor strobe / nav lights were illuminating fog/clouds.
  • Upon landing the lead-in lights were illuminated but no runway center lights (EFVA)
  • Very weak landing lights, it was like landing with a flashlight. (TBM)
  • Very dark in the cockpit, maybe the TBM is always like that?

Performance was good, better than last version. (G2 with no reprojection)

Anyone else getting bad lighting? I tried changing light shafts and raymarched reflection in case that would affect it but there was no improvement.

These two images are from the exact same place in the cloud, landing lights on, sim paused. “PC” vs VR
The missing volumetric lighting only affects VR.

VR Mode:

“PC” Mode: (Volumetric Lighting works)

[Please go vote for this bug at the proper bug thread here:
Volumetric Lighting Effects Gone in VR]

3 Likes

been that way since day 1

Day 1 of the last update or day 1 since the birth of our lord? What about all this “Let there be light” - promise :wink:

2 Likes

I could not pin point it, but I think you are right, volumetric lighting is gone again. This makes the visuals look flatter overall versus SU6 and more akin when SU5 came out - though less severe.

1 Like

Yes, Volumetric light is gone again. you can see the effect of the strobes in Clouds is no longer there.

There are bunch of other issues in VR related to the menu bar as well that isn’t working.

1 Like

In regards to the missing runway lighting for EFVA, it seems to be a localized issue.
This is what the AIP says:

If I read this correctly there should at least be edge lighting - am I correct?

This is what it looks like now in the sim (NON VR). only lighting on the runway is taxi lights:

This is EFPO where I started my trip, it has correct edge lighting, so at least the missing runway lights is not my setting.

But this was a minor bug compared to the missing volumetric lighting

Are we going to get a hotfix to address the long list of problems?

“Tepid” fix. I think only once has a hot fix been released within a week.

1 Like

In addition to this, EFVA stand numbers are all incorrect. I reported this to Gaya when the Nordic update came, but they refuse to fix their scenery. Seems making sceneries for MSFS updates is easy money to them, no need for quality control.

Do NOT buy Gaya sceneries. Thank you.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have to agree.
I used to love Gaya, their products and their direct communication woth users.
Now they dont even have a proper support forum at all.
Only way is to use the contact form and you never get any reply.
And on ORBX forum they dint answer either.
This started with their Engagement with MsFS.

Their LOWW scenery could need some tuning as well but you get nothing.

So not buying any of their product anymore. And hope that FlyTampa will bring LOWW to MSFS so I can finally unistall the buggy/incomplete gaya Version.

1 Like

It is a 10 yr project so by year 9.5 we are going to have a decent sim.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.