No Weather?

Just been flying today (13/03/21). I have no weather. i.e. No clouds, rain etc. Exited and restarted PC and ran FS again. Yep, no effects. Just flying the updated Spitfire.

BTW Achievement for take off above 15Nm. When set, enter flight. It shows 15Km hour. Now maybe I’ve not got measurements set, but all the same it should give the equivalent speed?

Well, weather works for me 50/50. And if I restart the flight I get clear weather. Appearantly it is user error as this has not ben acknowledged officially. So, I roll the dice every time I play this sim…some times it works others it does not. Would love to know what I am doing wrong.

User error? That’s a joke! It’s not rocket science. As a retired IT network manager I sort of know my way around menus.

Watch last month’s Q&A video. When this was brought up, there was a lot of talk of how they can’t reproduce the problem, and based on a video where Seb saw some guy clicking the “Live Time” button then complaining live weather didn’t work, he seems convinced the issue is an unclear user interface that they need to fix. So essentially, they seemed to believe this issue was user error based on a confusing button.

Now, they did ask us to post videos to demonstrate the bug. There’s thread linked below. If you could make a video, that would be awesome. But a simple vote for that bug would help as well.

Run flight sim as administrator most the time results in live weather being correct, I always launch like this now since sometime in November weather is always correct

Have you tried another aircraft besides the Spitfire to see if the problem still exists?

And in my case, running as administrator (which I have been for months) does nothing and live weather only works on the first flight.

I also run as admin, it is a complete hit or miss. I find it quite frustrating that something that has nothing to do with computer specs is so random at play yet the user who has absolutely no control over this parameter is basically doing something wrong…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.