None of the aircraft screens are working after latest patch

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Have done so and still the same.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No.

Brief description of the issue:
None of the screens work in any of the aircraft after latest patch. They are simply black.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
For me, simply load into the sim and start a flight at a UK airport like Heathrow, hot start or cold start.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
AMD 3700X, RTX 3070 OC, 32GB 3200Mhz RAM

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Not yet.

Per the Patch Notes:

in rare occasions, Aircraft screens might not initialize correctly upon loading a flight. Please restart the flight to fix the issue.

Thanks. Have tried that but will give it another go. This happens every time.

Have restarted, run in admin, made sure everything installed, nothing works:

I am having this same issue with the King Air and the CJ4. Screens not loading the VFR map at all despite numerous restarts. It’s happening more often since the last 5gb update.

No mods at all.

I’ve had this bug with the VL-3
Restart of flight did not work.
Restart of whole game fixed it.

Sometimes it just doesn’t initialize. Sometimes it does. Intermittent. Worst kind of bug.

Do you have any other mods installed? And have you updated everything manually in the content manager?

It’ very true but it’s no normaly!Asobo why with this new patch he have this problem!Thanks

I have this issue too (again as it happend for several months…) - but I don’t think it is a patch-issue, but rather a Microsoft Update issue -
After the patch last week everything worked fine, today Windows was updating to 20H2 Build 19042.867 and after this the screens stayed black after starting the sim.

Fixed it for me: Rename (or delete) the folder asobo-vcockpits-instruments in Official/OneStore directory - restart the sim, let it reload the content, screens are back again - not sure for how long, I’m still investigating.

3 Likes

Fired it up first time since update. First flight found myself in default Neo chose Pacifica livery perhaps this is why?) Second flight re downloaded NX stable version - black screens. Third attempt same. Disappointing That these updates are still causing such fundamental problems. It’s been many months!

I decided to uninstall MSFS and reinstall everything overnight. Screens are now back and load in every time (have tried 5 times in a row). Such a weird thing. Not sure how long it will last but will report back if they go again.

I installed everything up-to-date!

Blockquote
Fixed it for me: Rename (or delete) the folder asobo-vcockpits-instruments in Official/OneStore directory - restart the sim, let it reload the content, screens are back again - not sure for how long, I’m still investigating.

Great!
This solution was working for me.
Thank you!

2 Likes

I did the same and it worked, thanks!!!

1 Like

Great if it works as quick solution - don’t forget to “Vote” on top of the topic to collect some information how many are affected by this error and may get some notice from MS/Asobo into this, as it already happend before some times.

Does the pink route-line show up after this fix?

Didn’t have it at my last flight, but maybe because of external created route.

i to am having this problem, only it with the a320neo. all other aircraft display is working fine. how can i fix this ???. also after the update i did a flight and was having rudder hardover, aircraft not fallowing flight plan. all was working fine befor new update. any help welcome.

You can try to rename and then redownload the asobo-vcockpits-instruments-a320-neo folder if it only affects the specific type of aircraft - but first be sure to disable any addons, that may not be compatible with the current update (also Garmin-Mods, etc.)

I hope asobo will quickly fix this bug. I need to remove the asobo-vcockpits folder each time before starting the sim, otherwise the screens are black again :see_no_evil:

Voted :white_check_mark:

I’m having the same issue in the A320Neo although my flight was from Bilbao to Faro.

I had the same problem with dark screens, this was fixed, but now FMC doesn’t work for me in the sense that it doesn’t follow the planned route at all

This really unfortunate that you have to reinstall. It shouldn’t be that way.