North American Aviation P-51D Man-o-war Throttle issues

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

North American Aviation P-51D Man-o-war

Brief description of the issue:

Open throttle and engine cuts out, can’t fly it.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight at end of runway, release brakes, open throttle and engine dies.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Device ID 7B89125E-3FD0-4523-A4D8-9109FF93470B
Product ID 00325-81224-50491-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

Yes, and other settings. Makes no difference

Have uninstalled this aircraft and reinstalled several times, same issues. Have also reinstalled FS, same issue. This started after a mandatory update back in late 2023.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Is this happening with just the Man-o-war or other P-51s? The latest beta build has the P-51s marked as fixed, so want to confirm you are on the latest build and are experiencing this behavior. Thanks!

No

I tried several times to recreate this issue specifically with the same aircraft, but it never showed up in any of my takeoffs.

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

No

Engine does not die as before last beta update, but the following fuel bug is back:
Reno P 51 Fuel transfer/dump bug, some changes in SU13 beta
So maybe your engine died because you selected right or fuselage tank, and all feul went to the left tank?

Are you using DLSS?

yes

2 Likes

On the latest build and it’s the only P51 I have.

It idles with no issues, and I can increase the RPM slightly and it’ll hold that RPM. But any more than 20% throttle and the engine dies. Have tried different fuel tanks and makes no difference. If Asobo wants to let me install another P-51 without paying for it I can try that, being that this one is broken.

1 Like

Make sure the content manager has the most up to date version of the p-51. I just tested all of them and they all work fine as of the latest SU15 build.

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the P-51D, same issue. I even uninstalled FS2020 and re-installed, same thing.

Yes well the long standing problem with my MOW is that it would run for about 15 minutes max then cut the engine - no matter how carefully I handled it. Then since a few updates ago it refuses to throttle up.
Using my copy of it from months ago I can at least get those 15 or so minutes (and press “R” for a repeat). But after this and all other updates I have allowed the sim to give me the latest version - and it still fails if not idling.
Stiil waiting for:
a proper fix
release of the files so we can try ourselves
a refund
Unacceptable delay. great aeroplane otherwise

1 Like

About that issue, check out that topic where comes the explaination and solution:

Well of course it is - and it is in the correct position as well on the MSFS aircraft. But the bug appears to be in the software and how it relates to fuel supply - not in the actual in-sim controls.

Hey I replied to you in the other thread, but I am not able to reproduce the issues at all anymore since the recent beta update. I just flew the Man O’ War from London to Paris, and with cycling the fuel tanks there is no issue. I am uploading a video so you can see, but it will take about 2 hours to finish uploading.

Definitely not a fuel issue now matter what fuel tank is selected, fuel is at 100%

Here’s a video, FS2020 ver 1.36.2.0; P51D MoW ver: 0.1.28 (Up to Date)

No need to post your video, check out the one I just posted.

Just a long flight showing the issue is resolved

You have the old version of the MOW, the new one is 0.1.29.
Your FS2020 version is also old, the most recent version is 1.37.8.0
SU15 beta is necessary for these changes.

Really! So where do you get the version you have? My content manager say the version I’m on is up to date.

What version Windows are you on?

Windows 11, but that shouldn’t matter. You have to be on the SU15 beta that you can opt in to via the Steam client. If you’re not using Steam and don’t have a way to opt into the beta, you might just have to wait till the update comes out officially.

Using MS Store, guess I’ll just have to wait and thanks for your input!

1 Like