[Northern Sky Studio] - PAJN Juneau International Airport

5 Likes

It looks gorgeous.

Ooh, I’ve flown in there a few times IRL, and the OrbX FSX ported scenery included with the Alaska DEM add-on is pretty wretched (2D tires on vehicles really jump out), so going to have to jump on this. I have lots of NSS Hawaii stuff and it’s great.

(Also, NSS in Ukraine, and has been working on sceneries between power outages, so this has been some seriously hard work.)

This is one developer that deserves all the support we can muster! Unfortunately, it’s still listed as “Coming Soon!” on the menu page, and it’s not showing up in the Central app. This airport has a very interesting approach, so it will be a frequent destination once it’s available.

1 Like

It is available now.

2 Likes

Not sure how can I delete the free simple version of PAJN which included in Orbx Alaska Mesh, in oder to install this without overlapping, but still keep Alaska Mesh add-on.

1 Like

The Orbx product page states that “If using Orbx’s Alaska Mesh, please ensure this version of PAJN has higher priority in scenery order.” But it does not say how to do this …

1 Like

Kinda annoying that they didn’t tell us how to do this, but I think this may be how. I haven’t tried it yet though… Towards the bottom with the package reorder description.

2 Likes

Hope Orbx will update a version without free version PAJN in Alaska Mesh add-on.

Saving this comment. I wish Asobo hadn’t messed with the old “content.xml” system in place before SU 10…it was a far more intuitive system for ensuring the correct load order of things.

In my opinion Orbx Central should take care about that.

4 Likes

How dose this perform on Xbox X for anyone ?

Give me an hour and I’ll let you know… I just this minute bought it… :wink:

Fantastically detailed airport but it doesn’t run too well on Xbox (Series X), unfortunately. I’ve been using the PMDG 738 and it’s black-screened on me every time, even sticking solely to cockpit view. I suspected trouble when I saw it was a 4.1gb download, installing at 4.27gb!

I’ll try it some more but it’s looking like a refund request…

A real shame - it has possibly the best terminal interior I’ve yet seen.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s pretty much what a suspected with the size.

Beautiful! I just flew out in the Bellanca Viking on Series X (no weather/no traffic) and no issues with the Garmin GNS530 after Su14 dropped. Will have to come back soon in a bigger bird, but very nice compared to some other add ons in Alaska!

I love NSS’ Alaskan airports but they are heavy on Xbox hardware. Attempted Ketchikan-Wrangell-Petersburg-Sitka yesterday in the 738 — BS on arrival at Wrangell, then they returned right after departure. Same again at Petersburg but as I was taxiing for departure to Sitka the sim crashed.

I have been in contact with the dev and he says he will do some Xbox optimisation in time. I really hope he does as these are great airports — all he needs to do is drop the texture resolution of some objects in less visible places.

1 Like

Arrived in the 310R VFR and got the expected BS turning off the runway. Real nice place otherwise! Flew up from PAWG Wrangell (DCSD) which is nice enough, something on sale last year.