[Northern Sky Studio] - PHNY / LNY - Lāna'i Airport

Hi gang! I was fortunate enough to get to see a preview of the full Lānaʻi Airport today, and literally just finished goofing around in the BlackBox SImulation Britten-Norman BN-2A MkIII Trislander to take some pictures! (Yes, I really need to learn how to use the “remote” camera!) The Trislander (“Short Nose” version) is decked out in a fictional Aloha Airlines livery. Airline was real, but they never had the Trislander. Iʻm pretty sure any pilotʻs license I had would have been ripped up upon landing. :crazy_face:

I was told that the airport will be available at Orbx tomorrow (not sure exactly what time), probably SimMarket shortly thereafter, and then of course here on the Marketplace in-sim!

(I will be purchasing it just like everyone else - just wanted to show you all what it looked like!)

3 Likes

Great pictures! Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I own the South Oak Co version of it, also available in the marketplace. It has a 4.5 rating from 21 simmers. Certainly worth looking at both versions before deciding.

I’m pretty happy South Oak Co and went back and looked and I had rated it a 5. So, I will most likely just keep what I have and not buy the new Northern Sky Studio.

But by all means look at both versions before deciding which one to get.

South Oak Co has done a handful of airports for Hawai’i if memory serves correctly. They do good work.

1 Like

I like the trees in this version better than the South Oak Co version.

1 Like

Sad they chose to do an airport that South Oak had already done. I have all of the NSS Hawaii airports except the duplicates, and I want to support them. But with so many airports in Hawaii, why do one that’s already been covered?

Indeed. Has anyone done a Honolulu Intl so far?

Not of any mentionable quality in my opinion. The Honolulu City scenery is beautiful - right up until the point where you want to operate from PHNL or PHNG (my “home field.”) Parking spots underground, buildings all have that “melted” look… makes me sad. :frowning: I had to uninstall that addon because I fly from those airports frequently, and despite emails and posts, the author doesn’t seem to be interested in improving it.

OK - PHNL - our friggin biggest airport out here in Hawai’i. Here we are 2+ years in, and no developer hasn’t created it yet :frowning:

As for NSS creating PHNY, I hear ya, @Editer. I can’t speak for Oleh and the NSS crew, but I know that they don’t just develop for MSFS - but X-plane, and (I think) P3D as well. Maybe those sims didn’t have a PHNY yet?

1 Like

Orbx was. Honolulu scenery and airport bundle was on their roadmap but then it never came out and they deleted all history of it. I contacted their support team and they denied it’s existence.

I wonder if FSDT has it in the works?

They’ve done the same with Nice/Monaco in the past.:disappointed_relieved:

I actually just got a reply (well yesterday, but somehow I sent it from my work account) from someone from FSDT. Their reply:

We started working on PHNL, but it’s a huge work, and the scenery author is also part of the GSX team, so work won’t continue until after GSX will be released, which should be in the next month or so.

So - fingers crossed it’s still gonna happen.

1 Like