Not one penny more until CTDs get fixed

i feel you. im also fed up with hoping for the best every freaking time I start the sim, its like a lottery… sometimes everything works great and then its the best piece of software ever, but most of the time it does not… for me its been ok most of the time never had great issues with ctd and stuff. i dont care if I have lod 100 or 200 or 400…but things like overall functionality, ai, live weather, live traffic, connectivity, UPDATES (oh god no) and so on and on… they are not even planning to enhance anything. this is just not ok considering the release was over a year ago

1 Like

I get 10 ctd a day when playing all day and that’s on xbox.

I use to get CTD’s but I turned down the AI traffic settings and now everything works fine, so trying turning down that setting and see how it goes, 45% is as high as I can go before CTD start again.

2 Likes

I’m on this train for sure.
CTD’s aren’t something that impacts me that much to be honest but the tech debt that this developer is getting itself into and things like breaking stuff which has worked fine for so long (TrackIR) have just lead me to lose interest.
I just honestly can’t be bothered with it any more. It has to be one of the flakiest pieces of software I have run in a long time and what is the saddest part is that it’s got flakier and flakier over the last few months.
I’m voting with my wallet too. DCS and/IL-2 seem to understand the importance of TrackIR and VR to their user base…

2 Likes

Others have had the same. If you have more than one of Bijan’s seasons mods uninstall all except one - this is listed as a known issue and I expect a fix is forthcoming.

Don’t blame you. I’ve stopped playing it’s just not worth the headache plenty of other games to play. The game worked perfectly on launch and now it gets worse each update. I tried to play it to see how it’s running in SU7 and CTD after 5 mins after fresh format and install.

2 Likes

Two reasons: first, this is a dedicated sim PC, it does nothing else. I run P3D on it and have for years without problems (think I bought it in 2018?). Second, there have been periods where the sim has run just fine and periods where it literally doesn’t work at all. The only thing that has changed is the sim, not the PC.

1 Like

Ouch. And that’s tough with XBox because there’s nothing you can do about i.

It kind of like Greyhound bus. If you need a bus, that’s your only choice in America. XP is ok but the scenery in no way compares. I keep coming back for the 50% of the time that this sim works somewhat properly. We have yet to attain 100%.

1 Like

Apparently Asobo have identified the issues with head tracking and VR and have fixed it for an upcoming release, at least that‘s what Jayne has posted today. So there is some light at the end of this tunnel.

But yes, they REALLY have to work on their quality. What they have delivered so far has been sloppy work through and through. Their hotfixes have shown that they can do it once they actually have understood the problem but it‘s terribly annoying that they need a second approach every time. If they had a proper beta program instead of these test flights with random people they could avoid most of the issues they have. I simply can‘t believe that Microsoft had a problem with less bugs and a good reputation as a trade for a bit more time and better organization. Asobo are the lead developer, they aren‘t as small as some people seem to think. They do have a voice and if they put the facts down I refuse to believe that they would be run over by MS. MSFS is a huge prestige project for Azure and Bing (and others) and right now MS only ridicule themselves with it.

7 Likes

It’s the new management theory (not kidding): move forward at all costs. Don’t wait to get things right, just plow ahead. All in the name of progress. I kid you not. Clearly being implemented here.

5 Likes

That can‘t work out in the end. That‘s how you ruin your whole project and yourself. And now Covid has reduced our financial strength a lot, we‘re not throwing out the money that fast anymore. What you said in your OP is spot on and I‘m sure you‘re not alone: no more money for bad quality. I haven‘t purchased from the marketplace for more than 6 months and I don‘t intend to. My money went to Eagle Dynamics.

1 Like

Statistics can be manipulated in favour of the agenda of the statistician. Observation is less malleable, and mine is based on spending several hours on this forum every day since MSFS launched.

Totally agree. Its to the point where I am actually surprised if I can complete a flight without any issues or bugs or stuttering. I am on the console (series x) and I feel misled about the quality on Xbox. I think a boycott on any purchases is a great idea. Don’t give me the “have patience” blah blah blah or try these 100 workarounds that might work. Thats great fun, spending more time trying to fix the issues than actually flying. There is no accountability, zero. Word needs to get out that this is a pure money grab by Microsoft and “buyer beware”.

are you new to microsoft products?

Boycotting is really a catch 22 that will not work out for the users. MS has shut this title down how many times now? If cost is greater than revenue, they close. It’s not passion, it’s not aviation, it is a product.

Of course no one should be buying a product that doesn’t work for them. But of course that leads us back to not working out for the user again.

I recommend people that are enjoying the sim and logging those thousands of hours to keep buying stuff and enjoying the game, the future of this title really does depend on your investment. For people having problems, maybe check back every year or so.

1 Like

When you say 30 mins, is that consecutive? Eg if it CTD and you immediately reloaded it, does it last another 30 mins or less? If less than it can be a heat problem. I hope I’m making sense.

I solved my crash to restart issues by turning off all PC power saving settings. Nothing ever idles or times out… Screen always on, HD always on, no sleep timer, etc etc.

I think this particular problem of mine is a Windows issue with my graphics card.

1 Like

MSFS is absolutely disastrous

That is a great information, helps a lot!