Not Receiving Fire and Ice / Anemoi Achievements on Xbox Series X

Same exact issue here. I’ve completed the entire bush trip twice with no assistance or “Back on Track”, no crashes or restarting.

In menu, shows 100% of this bush trip completed. All legs checked (twice, from start to finish the entire bush trip). All entries in logbook show correct airports and 1 for takeoff and landing.

I appear to have gotten achievement tracker credit toward all activities as I presently have 51% and have completed this bush trip and 13 landing challenges, but it will remain to be seen whether I can unlock that or other bush trip or activity related achievements.

1 Like

Flew the entire trip twice, no pop.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Did not use the Back on track feature, but no achievement… So frustrating. I was using the autopilot and GPS however… I don’t know if that counts now, however you kind of cannot avoid having the GPS on.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Note, this was on the Steam edition on PC…

Any luck here, I’m now done doing the whole thing a second time with no achievement:/

2 Likes

Finished the Patagonia trip yesterday, without assistance. No unlock.

1 Like

Just an update I am now at 26/27 activities with only the Nevada bush trip remaining. So progress appears to be tracking toward Completionist. However, I got no unlock for Patagonia either (Fire and Ice). Definitely frustrating.

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one. Misery loves company.

They must have broke it at some point because I had in the past successfully achieved ‘Anemoi’.

3 Likes

Same here, finished the trip, 100 % shown in the menu but achievement (in steam) did not unlock.

2 Likes

Finished the Nevada trip this morning, again no achievement for the bush trip but got Completionist. All activities done, no achievements for the bush trips. Silly.

4 Likes

I believe you have to hit every spot along the way. I missed the achievement for Patagonia but I knew for a fact that I had missed at least one way point (I don’t mean airport). I reflew it and got the achievement. I came here searching for for Balkans. I’ve finished it with no achievement, but it’s possible I missed a waypoint somewhere in there too I guess.

Ah update from the above, I finished Nevada and got no achievement for it but unlocked Completionist. Kinda silly having all activities complete with no achievement for any bush trip. I hit all waypoints in each (reflew 2 of them trying direct but that didn’t work either). I’m done with bush trips til I hear from the TA community that they are fixed.

Completed the Patagonia trip and I never hit the Back on Track button/bar on the in-game map; I did not receive the Fire and Ice achievement. So frustrating. The real problem here is there is really no feedback as to what exactly is preventing awarding of the achievement. The whole exercise is sort of silly given that the entire flight is programmed into the Garmin system.

1 Like

yes

restarted legs twice on error when viewing the previous runways. Exited and then resumed proper leg intended.

N/a

Yes

Yes

Also on PC. I’ve flown it twice, no achievement rewarded.

Is there a particular reason this hasn’t even been given a “feedback logged” status?

It’s rapidly approaching a year since this was posted.

2 Likes

yes

other achievements from bush trip don’t work either

1 Like

Actually both achievements for the other trips worked just fine for me.

I suspect this one is nit-picky about something, but I’ve flown it 3x.

I think they don’t believe us and/or don’t care since it does work occasionally.

Keep in mind they also tell you in every one of the 30+ trips that there is an achievement if you don’t use the VFR map to locate where you are - even though there isn’t.

Yes

Done this trip 3 times already: 1st it was done leg by leg separately. 100% completed, no achievement, Completionist tracker went up with 4% (landing challenges done, so it went from 88 to 92%). Second try was a complete run but with a few crashes. No Achievement. Third try was a complete flawless run. No achievement.

2 Likes