Not very realistic buildings + low res "blurry" grass etc

Flying over areas around Stockholm in Sweden. I really dont think the houses etc looks very realistic. Too sharp, kind of…almost…well, it looks very flat. Do you need to get better scenarios for each area?

https://imgur.com/a/ygma2NR

I just had a quick flight to check.
What I saw is not a photogrametric city but it’s more detailed than what I see on your pictures. Roofs are textured and building have windows.

Make sure to double-check your buildings LOD (Level Of Details) setting to make sure it was not reset.

2 Likes

Cheers! Any recommended settings for the LOD? I also found nature as well as mountains “popping up” even in front of me…

I think this might be a bug related to the World Updates where building textures don’t load in correctly.
It seems to have been around for a while and also affects cities in th UK, i.e. Edinburgh and Belfast.
It looks as though it has never been fixed, as I still have problems in Stockholm too.

There’s a lengthy discussion on it here: SU5, before....and after - #33 by AlexE75

And my own thread here: Something up at Edinburgh? (Xbox series X)

but one quick fix seems to be to disable/delete the small procedural buildings file within the world updates themselves - the downside being that, while the textures show correctly, you miss out on regionally specific autogen created for the updates, i.e. churches etc.

Moved to #self-service:scenery

Also check if the Photogrammetry option is enabled.

As @anon90319164 stated above, the highest that is comfortable for you is the best.
Just to be clearer here, check the “Objects Level Of Details” setting.