Nothing has been fixed (WU6)

In Bush trips, the POI desappear on the second leg

Many have the exact issues I have as I see and respond to their posts all the time, I have numerous issues, all of which ruin the sim or bugger up a flight in some way. The loss of ATC has been flagged to to the Devs but has not been resolved with WU6 (FOR ME AT LEAST)
I am beginning to realise that this sim will never operate correctly whilst ASOBO are at the helm.

They never promised any other fixes other than the new setting to remove the pop-ins and to correct the ATC altitude bug with this WU6. These were the two that cause the biggest public outcry after SU5. Many here declared the sim “broken”, “unplayable”, “destroyed” etc. - I can’t for the life of me fathm why people are complaining why they did not fix this or that other issue. World updates are not concentrated on bugs, but adding scenery, for free!

FOR ME the sim operates quite correctly.

After a few test flights credit due where credit is due as its so easy to complain.

The ATC / ALT bug is not happening anymore at trans altitude so my girlfriend can now sleep in peace thankyou!

Keep up the good work. Hope you remove that menu arrow also that stays on now - it should fade away like the mouse cursor when idle.

1 Like

Well, it can’t work properly, because the ATC thing is still broken (see below) and the night lighting is a complete dogs dinner after this update.

I get the point you’re trying to make (it’s not as bad as some people are making out), but don’t claim that the sim is fine when it very clearly isn’t. I could sit and write a list of 20 problems off the top of my head without even thinking about it.

Additionally, since the very first one, World Updates have always come with a raft of fixes and improvements. They have never been just about the addition of scenery.

WU = Bug fixes & scenery

SU = Bug fixes and new features

Boeing 787, 35 minutes into the flight: CTD (Xbox). It is simply impossible to properly play this sim right now.

1 Like

Dont bother with the 787 for now - its not optimised. I fly the a320 default and no issues.

Ignore the dreamliner its bugged to hell.

Geez man, they are already working on the night lighting bug, and the ATC issue as advertised was fixed as advertised. We can file in a new bug, the ATC in general needs an overhaul. Just I’m getting tired of this constant moving the goal posts.

Ofc the sim is not bug free, will likely never be. But making it out to be somehow completely broken as many tend to message here, is just dramatic hyperbole.

2 Likes

Not odd … the S scales up to 4k and the X down to 4k …

expect this to be fixed very quickly

Where have you seen they’re working on the night lighting? All I’ve seen is that it’s been acknowledged. A very different thing indeed.

re The ATC, the bug still exists. I don’t care whether it’s the player aircraft or AI. Pre-SU5 this was just fine, now it isn’t. Claiming it has been fixed when it demonstrably hasn’t does no one any favours.

Nighttime textures are shot though unplayable for the most part. Possibly a knock on from the new PC graphics slider fix for render distance. On XBox we can’t change any graphics settings.

Well, it has been escalated (see original bug post on forum), even though still an assumption, it’s a plausible assumption.

But this then also based on my experience as a developer. I haven’t seen any escallation seen passing on to a next station, corporate or small business

At 100% render I have not a single problem, nope not even atc telling me to press B

I still recommend after every update people reset their graphics settings to low, save them and the reset to medium, high or ultra and work from there

The 787 is perfectly usable as long as the sim doesn’t collapse on itself, which it regularly does regardless of the aircraft used. It’s not the 787’s fault, I managed to fly it a lot before. Not right now as the sim just randomly crashes and you never know when it will do it next. This way it is impossible to play and enjoy it. If you don’t experience a CTD during the flight it’s just pure luck. I managed to play a lot yesterday without issues as well - today is much different. This is simply unenjoyable.

2 Likes

Exactly, @JetWash1023 seems to assume they don’t care of such glaring bugs introduced in the update that just went out. Everything is always negative, the team doesn’t do anything, and even if they miraculously do improve or fix something, it’s anyway all wrong in his mind.

The ATC bug fix was advertised very clearly in the patch notes that it fixes the ATC telling your aircraft to change the altitude when not needed. Not as a general fix to include the AI planes, which is likely to be a completely different issue.

The device may do that yes.
Hypothetically a well designed device will automatically detect the resolution of the display connected and automatically chose that as its output resolution. There may even be an option to change this in device settings (although this is mostly redundant these days)

The sim software will therefore render at the output resolution of the device which should be the resolution of the display.

In PC version there is a render scale option which allows to render at lower than or higher than the detected displays resolution.

It therefore doesn’t matter what an Xbox S scales up to or what an Xbox X scales down to…the sim software should simply be rendering at the detected resolution of the connected display.

I’d assume so too, because it’s a massive clanger to have dropped, but we don’t know for certain do we?

We also don’t know if it will be a Hotfix, or we’re going to be sat for weeks unable to fly at night.

@DensestSnail693 I’ve attached a screenshot that clearly shows the ATC altitude problem is not fixed. We all know that 100% render scaling is a workaround for the night lighting. That is, of course, not the point.

the topic title has been prefixed with [BUG LOGGED] which means it is in the active bug work list if I’m not mistaken.

[BUG LOGGED] WU6 and night lighting broken

The issue is that this is hardly a good advice for VR users where render scale is helping balancing visuals and performance. This is a very different settings/optimization/visuals world in VR.

PS: are you all having a post delay today or is it just me? I have had to wait 3 minutes to post this one, and 2 minutes with another one earlier?!

2 Likes

So if you change the output on xbox to different resolution then tv native (optimal), the sim should still output native?

Interestingly whilst watching the patch downloads install last night there were one update for deluxe and one for premium packages, and I forget which one, but I saw the ‘installing asbo…787…patch’ or words to that effect. When you click at the side of the update to find more there is no change log or history to look at which is frustrating. But they appear to have patched something on the 787.