Now if I had one guess about the upcoming World Update X

High speed bullet trains of the world?

Maybe a trip to Mars? :stuck_out_tongue: after the Darkstar more of that great stuff may come?

/s

Hopefully the entire Caribbean!

If they continue their logical European development order, it will be Greece & Cyprus, or if they follow their stated plans Brazil or Canada.

Anything other than these would surprise me.

There remains the possibility however that the world update is something other than a geographic region. The changes they have made to the world in SU9, making buildings solid to the drone cam unless exclusions have been created hints at a change to their terrain mesh. I’m thinking we might get landable, moving aircraft carriers, and solid buildings that you can no longer fly though.

I have my alarm set for 10am PT Sunday morning to tune into this where we might get some hints about what is coming Tuesday.

1 Like

Soooo… and what was now the “Big Surprise™”? They showed some helicopter and glider footage of some upcoming simulation update in November 2022.

And then followed by what seemed to be some spacecraft - from Halo?! Is this what they called the “big surprise” for this upcoming World Update X? So we get Mars or whatever other planet “Halo” is playing on? confused

Or is there still something to be announced in the ongoing lifestream? I don’t think so… or did I miss something here?

UPDATE: Indeed:

For real?

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I think the return of a few classic MS sim planes is very good, the Wright flyer, Beaver, Spirit of St. Louis, DC-3. Hopefully it will be a free expansion pack, just as the last one.
The Halo stuff is like, yeah, what the heck, I will give it a try, but probably not for me.

2 Likes

According to

it will be free - at least that’s how I understand it, quote: “The 40th Anniversary Edition, a completely free offering for those who already own Microsoft Flight Simulator or play it via Xbox Game Pass […]”

But I expected some kind of relevation for the upcoming World Update X which I thought was going the The Big Surprise™, no? I mean we already knew that they were going to introduce helicopters and gliders later on. But yes I agree very much: the fact that they actually announced concrete new aircraft for the 40th anniversary edition in November 2022 is very nice indeed!

But what about the upcoming World Update X just then? I hope the “Halo aircraft” is not related to that… :wink:

1 Like

The thing is they said they can’t announce what the World Update 10 will be for some reason and they can’t wait to announce it, the Halo ship has nothing to do with the WU announcement

I sure hope we’re not getting some crazy outer space World Update. Why is Asobo keeping it a secret 2 days before release?

World update Reach. It’s just glass and spartan helmets.

1 Like

Let’s all hope it doesn’t: I am afraid that as of now this is not off the table just yet :wink:

5 Likes

I could just about scream right now, please please please tell this Halo thing will not be in the online world and I JUST BOUGHT THE FLIPPING BEAVER TWO DAYS AGO ARGHHHHHHHH!

I swear it’s like I’m Charlie Brown and Asobo is Lucy.

Thank you for keeping that a secret so I was able to throw away money.

1 Like

You do realize that you don’t have to see the collab stuff if you don’t want to, right? Just don’t download it and voilà, ‘problem’ solved

What would be a big surprise would be the moon!!!
They just released a spacecraft, why not!:rofl:

They keep it secret a long time, I think it may not be a regular WU!

1 Like

Parts of USA still very much need it (ever fly in western Chicagoland suburbs? or Alaska) - however, would be very pleased if it includes other parts of North America (Canada, Mexico) and/or Caribbean and US territories.

1 Like

Honestly I would be thrilled if the sim could “eventually” expand to at least get to low earth Orbit. I love going to the “edge of space” in the Darkstar. Probably spend 1/3 of my time “faking Orbit” it is a lot of fun. Would be cool to dock to the ISS. The moon or going beyond would be a stretch, but low earth Orbit would be awesome and given what Darkstart can do, would not be out of reach for this to accomplish it. The current sim ceiling is just below the official karman line, but just above what US considers “space”. With updated textures, this is the closest many of us will ever get to seeing what it looks like to look down upon earth from the “Cupola” which is amazing, if they can recreate something similar. No other “space” game has the LOD of the globe to recreate that experience even remotely close to this digital twin. I’m all for space.

I think star citizen is quite there …

Guessing would be Canada or Brazil/South America. Would also like to see a USA Update in the near future. Hawaii needs some love. There is no photogrammetry at all there and Oceania. Along with an overall update on photogrammetry cities and water masking worldwide

1 Like

You do realize that even if I don’t the virtual sky is still full of them, there’s no way to turn them off.

I’ve tried uninstalling planes for that effect and you just get bad looking fighter jets still buzzing all over.

It won’t be as cool without other online players but it’ll get me some more FPS, future plane and game plane have officially killed multi player for me.

1 Like