Now if I had one guess about the upcoming World Update X

is the trailer gonna be shown at the Sunday Xbox conference?

1 Like

They keep saying it’s a big surprise so I’m going with… The moon or Mars

1 Like

My prediction is Nauru with every single building on the island as a handcrafted POI.

3 Likes

That would be unsurprisingly if they would reveal the big surprise at such an event…

I thought it was Brazil?

Hoping for Brazil, Canada, or USA Update #2.

1 Like

I would agree that Canada is a good suggestion, other possible options would be Greece, Poland/Czech Rep/Sloavkia, Brazil, US II or New Zealand.

I don’t think we will see China, given the difficulty to get data.

1 Like

I thought it was Brazil, I saw it in one of them Asobo planned updates list.

1 Like

I would be very disappointed if it was USA part 2

4 Likes

Ah looking back Brazil was under the wish list and Brazil and Canada are marked as planned so a possibility it’s either of them.

I was thinking about this while out for a run this morning. The additional secrecy makes me think (hope) that it is something properly special. The new version of the ‘replace Bing with Google imagery’ app contains an option to choose new Bing imagery. My hope is that this world update is truly a world update and MS are ‘switching on’ the new Bing imagery worldwide. Now that would be a pleasant surprise.

3 Likes

This, plus an announcement of “We’re investing on getting new worldwide satellite pics for Bing Maps and the sim itself”. That’s the dream.

well, hopefully we’ll find out Sunday, but I’m setting zero expectations and maybe will be pleasantly surprised. More curious about the plane… having been waiting for the An-2 for ages, but I think it was supposed to be a FF and not a LL :wink:

1 Like

Would be nice.

Ottawa, where I live still shows parts under construction that were completed in 2014…eight years ago!

D. A, N, G!

It’s gonna be China and include a bush trip to fly spy missions there using the Darkstar. :slight_smile:

Last year, the two big surprises were Reno Races and Top Gun. That kind of sets the bar for my expectation level…

2 Likes

the best thing about WU 10 will be getting rid of the Top Gun splash screens :wink:

13 Likes

Hopefully alAska, Caribbean or Canada

2 Likes

It’s ten, it’s a jubilee. I think they won‘t release a WU limited to a country or region but improve something significantly all around the world. But we‘ll see, right?

Actually, those were planned, the posted surprise was “cloud gaming”