Now if I had one guess about the upcoming World Update X

… based on the most recent Development Update I’d say it is going to be China!

Why? Because according to the Active Development table (quote) “Simplified Chinese will be available with World Update 10”.

And given the fact that World Updates should not come with code / feature changes anymore (*) this leaves only one conclusion: it is going to be China!

Anyone else wants to make any bets? :slight_smile:

(*) As they did in the past, a few World Updates ago. And no, I won’t go into any discussion whether Asobo “sticked to their promise” and whether the last Word Updates really didn’t come with any actual code changes. Because as far as I am concerned the last couple of World Updates really only changed the world, and nothing else (including stability and FPS which remained the same for me each time).

5 Likes

Can I cancel both of these addon-installations? The space on my NVMe is limited because these harddrives are not really big, and I would never fly there anyway.

Okay, I expect the “Chinese translation” feature to be a mandatory update (like any other previous update that brings new functionality and/or bug fixes) which actually updates the “main binary/executable”, plus of course brings all the translation files with it.

The actual World Update on the other hand (whatever country it will be in the end) will be an optional update which needs to be “purchased” (for free) in the in-game marketplace. Like every other World Update before it. You install it - or you don’t. Up to you.

So I am not sure what you want to “cancel” here, since it is “opt in” :wink:

2 Likes

Number 18 in today’s development update tells me it could be Brazil !

Wishlists get Asobo/ MS attention !

That would indeed be a huge surprise - but rather in the sense “where did they get all those updated satellite images etc. from so quickly?” :wink:

4 Likes

Based on same DU I’d say it’s North Korea, but whish it’s Alaska 2/Canada. :wink:

-eelis-

1 Like

The chinese translation has been in the work since at least the end of last year, they planned to release it with SU8 originally AFAIK.

Plus the chinese government is notoriously secretive, apparently flying in china you only get the absolute minimum in terms of charts etc. Very doubtful they have the data to create a china WU. I also kinda doubt much of their audience wants to fly there…

I think it’s either Greece (but we’ve had a lot of Europe lately), Brazil, or South Africa.

Although personally I’m hoping for Kiwiland.

6 Likes

Well, according to the Wishlist overview “Chinese translation” is number 4 of the most wished features. So clearly someone must have been voting for it…

And something tells me that the fact that they are delivering a translation (which - yes - was supposed to be delivered already earlier) together with some World Update (which is otherwise not supposed anymore to bring along “code changes”) is somehow linked with the actual world update content… :wink:

1 Like

Translation != World Update

But you’re right in general, it’s a huge market, but with it’s cloud reliance and the firewall and censorship I don’t think the chinese government wants high res satellite imagery available to anyone. I mean they deliberately falsify road data by hundreds of meters. It’s a big mess. How can they create a world update for it, unless world update means create a few 3d models and placing them in Beijing

1 Like

China is definitely possible and would be nice to see. Could use an update with big airports like Beijing Daxing missing.
However, I kind of expect an update in NA again. They promised us a second United States WU in a Q&A a while back. Don’t know exactly which one that was anymore. There also has not yet been a Canada WU. But I guess we will find out soon enough… :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Eastern Europe, especially parts of Ukraine. I think it would make sense at this timing.

I’d bet for greece, considering they seem keen to complete eruope.
I peraonally would hope for the balkans and greece after that, but i assume interest in the balkans it not as popular as greece.

And wirh gaya usually being involved in WU and they having a lot of assets in greece, it might only come down for new bing data…

Let’s see what it is really gonna be.

1 Like

A World Update China with updated Bing data would be amazing.

1 Like

Even better: World Update BRICS

1 Like

Well if that was true then where are the trains, towers, powerlines from August 2020 wishlist? They are on flightsim.to

Just improving to what’s currently on Google Maps would be a big step up.

1 Like

If I had one guess, I’d guess that I’d be totally wrong about whatever guess I was about to make.

I believe it’s gonna be Canada.

2 Likes

Your guess about this guess is probably correct!

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes