NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

Update - once the engines are running so everything is powered the tiller works as you would expect for nose wheel steering.

I don’t use the mixture axis on my throttle for turboprops so I assigned that to the nose wheel steering and was able to taxi with the control lock on no problem at all. Maybe the tutorial could say something about needing to steer with the tiller and how it can be assigned if you are going to taxi with the control lock on.

If it does mention the tiller it absolutely also needs to mention turning nose wheel steering off for the takeoff / landing rolls. :blush: :shushing_face:

If you’ll excuse me, I’m off to talk to a chap now about a dent in the hanger I was facing, and some skid marks in the grass beside the runway.

3 Likes

Im sorry can you explain this ?
EVERY Aircraft has a Registration number unless the User has deleted them via the options menu

IIRC, the Trislander had an issue with KAP140 a/p that it modifies default code in the sim. I would guess the Shorts didn’t have this issue since it used other avionics sets?

The Shorts Autopilot is 100 % Custom code and does not have issues with default code
also I would just like to make it clear that the KAP140 did NOT at any time “Modify” any other code although I do agree there were some compatibility issues

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification! I really appreciated custom coded avionics. They are just such beauty. By the way, is that KAP140 compatibility issue revolved?

Barra sounds very interresting, thanks a lot.

1 Like

Did anyone found a free POH pdf for the 3-30 in the web?
I can find one for the 3-60 but not for 3-30.
Thanks

A few extra objects to enhance Barra… Barra airport decoration for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Just keep in mind that Barra’s windsock is still pointing into the wind, almost two years after the UK update was released. This must be a 2 minute fix, yet they can’t be bothered.

There’s quite a few of the Scottish Airports done by Scotflight for free over at flightsim.to
I think the windsocks are ok, but I can’t remember off the top of my head. Well worth a look.

[EDIT] Sorry, my mistake, no Barra, but plenty of other shed Scottish airports…

That lokks nice. Thanks I will try if this is still working.

Cheers

Aberdeen/Dyce is a good one by ScotFlight. Lovely bit of freeware.

In other news, I’ve just bought this beauty and testing shortly. Thinking Blackpool to Isle of Man. Brilliant freeware scenery for EGNS and EGNH on Flightsim.to by Superspud.

Here’s half a checklist I’ve put together up to “Before Takeoff”, based only on the the provided docs and minimal playtime (plus it seems the tutorial flight seems to skip a few important things)…

Although I’m not claiming 100% accuracy, I hope it helps until we get an official one!..

2 Likes

Same here, also cold and dark. Only inside the cockpit, outside without clicking.

Loving this so far and such a nice departure from those “flick a switch and fly” aircraft.

It’s going to be a long weekend. :laughing:

We must be the only guys :frowning:

Same with me - outside sounds fine.

I’m very hapy with this beautiful release. Having a blast with it this weekend, flying through Central Africa. Thanks a lot BlackBox :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

I know the GPS 400 is vintage, so I think I may already know the answer, but……

Can you enter airways in it?

Or is it just waypoint to waypoint?

Thanks in advance.

Solved! Pitot Heat was not on (forgot that I had it set to a switch on the yoke panel). Flip to ON on the upper panel, to the left of fuel management and the clicking stops.

I dont think you can “program” Airways in but it loads any plan saved from the Map screen or simbrief etc … There are simbrief profiles available for the shorts

1 Like