NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

Don’t know. Maybe some people might think it a bit expensive for the complete package which is the only one available at the moment?

Some simers might potentially be waiting for the cheaper package(s) to come online.

Whatever the reason, I’m pretty sure there will be quite a few liveries coming soon.

1 Like

I was referring tongue in cheek, to the takeoff with all doors open :slight_smile:
Not a critique of Avangel, we love her stuff

2 Likes

Or possibly the paintkits ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since you mention it, I thought I read that they’d be available on release?
If they are out there, I can’t find them.

Not sure I’ll buy it just to paint it…sadly I like the Shorts, but not much time to fly it, and I already have too many “buy it to paint it” planes in my hangar already, LOL.

I’ve just been up in my loft and found my real checklist for the Shorts 330.

I have no scanner, so I’ll quickly type it up and post a link.

5 Likes

Neh that was the F28. Very fun episode to watch, but in a charming way, as always.

Ah … that will of course be the reason then :slightly_smiling_face:

Well replied :+1:

1 Like

Irish Design :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the autopilot lateral modes apart from HDG stopping working (untile a new flight is started) after disengaging the AP with the Z key also Irish design? Too many pints of Guiness went into it I guess then…

Seriously though, you can work around it by disengaging all the modes one by one on the MCP but seems like a bug to me that should be fixed because if you forget you can screw yourself up for the rest of the flight

1 Like

Rest assured there was less than 2 pints of Guinness consumed during the development of the FG/AP systems but anyway I hope to resolve your issues if I may request & provide further information.

• Has Possibly the ap been transferred to F/O side ? see image below … if you have red right facing arrow instead of green down facing onside then the ap has been transfered to F/o / Nav2. Press That Anninciator again to return Primary to the Captian side/ Nav1.
  • Disengage could also be the key word here … Is Z key is mapped to autopilot master ON/OFF or autopilot disengage ? AUTOPILOT DISENGAGE (MSFS Input assignment Event & Rhs Flight yoke button) are autopilot servo ‘disengage’ to allow for temporary CWS takeover
  • please try turning off the Ap from the lower center pedestal master ap button and let me know if you get the same/ similar results

1 Like

Blackbox please enable GPU’s at airports that dont have the GPU trucks, even places like at YEG doesnt have any of those vehicle but they do have GPU carts but unfortunantly those ones don t seem to work…with batteries on i dont have enough time to input a flight plan into the GPS without batteries getting dupleated…

Z is mapped to the AP Master, Servo disengage (different binding) does indeed result in a CWS takeover as described, but pressing the Z key results in the above mentioned bug. Same thing happens when pressing the AP button on the pedestal. All lateral modes apart from HDG become inoperative, and pressing their respective buttons results in HDG being engaged

Transfer switch is set to Captain side.

(That Guiness thing was a joke btw, it’s a wonderful plane and this bug is the only one I’ve found)

Thanks for the info … I’m going to dig into this but so far unable to reproduce…
Is it occurring Every time you discon the AP or a particular flight phase ?
Also pre disconnect were you using GPS or Vor/Loc guidance and paired with any vertical mode ?

Re Guinness … Just not my favourite tipple, I can neither confirm nor deny other alcohol beverages were consumed during the last few months :slight_smile:

1 Like

It occurs when the autopilot is turned off whenever the NAV mode is engaged. If you turn it off in HDG mode this bug does not occur. I’m very sorry for forgetting this important detail previously.To sum up the description: if you have NAV engaged and you press the ap master, all lateral modes apart from HDG will fail to engage through the rest of the flight

And HOW are we supposed to do that ?
Im sorry if MSFS dont supply power trucks then use the batteries but be quick

[EDIT] Well that’s interesting! Turns out the elevator and rudder “come unstuck” above a certain speed. If I start on the runway and try to take off, it all starts to work - control deflections and yoke movements just come to life. By then I’m ploughing through buildings, but once in the air it’s completely controllable. Haven’t figured out why, yet, but I’ll leave this up in case it helps anyone. I’ll try mapping nosewheel steering to something.

[EDIT2] Ok, that’s it. If I map nosewheel steering to my rudders then I can steer at any speed, but the rudder/elevator surfaces and yoke/pedals don’t move at all until I reach about 15kts. Problem solved, sort of…

I can’t get the elevator and rudder to work. Any ideas? Ailerons are fine, but the yoke won’t move fwd/back - it just vibrates - and the control surfaces don’t move.

It’s definitely NOT that the control lock is on. Even spawning on the runway, engines on and gust lock off, is the same. Neither is it my control setup - other planes are fine - including the Islander. I’ve removed my community folder, reinstalled several times, turned off antivirus, run installer as administrator, started with a blank control profile…

It seems like a bug, because AFTER trying the 330/360 the elevator is stuck in certain other planes too, until I restart the sim. If I start the 330 cold and dark and turn the gust lock off right away, THEN the elevator will move, but only until after starting the engines and then it’s stuck again. It felt like a loss of hydraulic pressure, and certainly the lights come on, but adding some power puts the lights out and still nothing moves.

Can’t think of anything else unusual that might cause it, but a working elevator is more than a luxury! Can’t use the thing at all, which is a shame, because the 360 was the first plane I ever rode in (second plane I ever rode in, I was the pilot). Any suggestions gratefully received!

Here would be my First Impression Video in german language. Really Nice Addon

• working Beta Range
  • working Wipers!!! (rain removed from windshield - very rarely seen)
  • nice model and texturing
  • nice flight model (as far as i can judge this as a non pilot), but numbers for the 360 seem to be in line with the POH for Takeoff and Landing)
  • working Weather Radar

In the Video I might have confused Anti Ice Intake with Inertial Seperator. I didnt understand the manual quite right. Can someone confirm - that the anti-ice vane is the inertial seperator? And the Intake is the electrical heating of the air intake?

Cheers
JayDee

3 Likes

Enable the GPU when the GPU switch is turned on…thats it

1 Like

@NightMercury358 Graham, do these have “baked in” registrations, or will my usual N721TC show on the exterior?

They are not baked in. Whatever you set in customisation options in the MSFS Hangar will show up.

2 Likes