NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

Yep - that settles it… I’m off to buy it as soon as I get off this laptop, start a load of laundry, and sit down at my main rig!

1 Like

Maybe borrow a wand from Harry Potter?

2 Likes

Nope none baked all Reggies customisable via menu

2 Likes

Other developers have GPUS’s in the sim without the truck, look at PMDG , Fenix, the Maddog…didnt need a wond for that

2 Likes

The Nosewheel steering Should be mapped to a Tiller axis not Rudder…
They are separated for good reason … so you can steer with control locks on

But aside from that … Can you please send a screenshot of your CWP ( Central Warning Panel) and one of the Control Lock Lever when the Control Locks are allegedly Broken

OK - I think I have everything figured out, except for two things. First, when I engage the AP/FD system, I get the direction chevron on the artificial horizon, but there’s no servo action to actually fly the plane. Second, I see a mode for vertical speed, but how do you tell the system what VS to maintain?

With the greatest of respect Tc I would suggest you read the manual and or fly the tutorial …
But Briefly, The centre console Pitch wheel is used to change VSI / ASI / ALT etc …
full details of its operation can be found on Page 16 of the Tutorial document supplied with your product

I don’t have a spare axis for a tiller, and in all the other a/c I own there’s a rudder/nosewheel linkage, so it just made sense.

I wasn’t actually ‘alleging’ that the control locks are broken. The problem turned out to be that the elevator and rudder won’t move when the control locks are released, the a/c is stationary, and the engine is running. Here’s the view over the CWP with full right aileron (this works), full right rudder (doesn’t) and full forward elevator (doesn’t). This was from spawning on the runway, in t/o configuration. The gust lock is already released, although setting it and releasing it again makes no difference. I was expecting a control check to work in this situation but only the ailerons move. If I start rolling, though, the elevator/yoke and rudder/pedals start working fine at about 15kts.

On a c&d start, if I release the gust lock before I start the engines, the yoke moves properly at first and then stops moving a few seconds after the second engine lights. It also shows L & R hydraulic lights and low duct pressure, so I guess I’m just using up all the available pressure by wiggling the stick to see when it stops working. A bit of throttle brings the pressure back up, but the yoke and pedals still won’t move until I reach a fast taxi. When I slow down, they freeze again, in whatever position they were in when I slowed to walking pace.

BTW, it’s not a problem now that I’ve bound the nosewheel steering. I’ve just never had to do that before. Nobody else seems to have had a problem with a freezing elevator, so it must be something about my particular config. I can live with it.

1 Like

Shoulda thought of the tutorial doc - was looking in the main manual hoping for basic operating instructions. I’ll check the other doc in a bit. The level of detail in this thing is unreal!

1 Like

I’ve managed to fit a fully loaded 330’s landing run within 600m (~2000 ft). The Shorts advertisement brochure didn’t lie - this thing indeed is the Twotter replacement. And certainly a DC-3 replacement as far as this mission profile goes

That’s why “the toucan” is in the captain’s cup holder! :rofl:

I had this on my first flight with the 330 and then never again. Not sure what I did differently!

1 Like

PS where’s the livery request section? (cough cough USAir and AmericanEagle?)

1 Like

@NightMercury358 Graham, thanks for the tip! I just finished a run from San Juan to Princess Julianna, and while there were some hiccups like the GPS Nav not catching the magenta line, I was happy to use the on-field VOR to get where I needed to go. (Still need to read all the way through the docs, so that might have been something I didn’t do.) The worst thing I could find that needs to be fixed is the hour hand on the captain’s clock - it’s out of alignment. So if that’s the worst of it, I think I’ll be happy with her!

By the way - the little bounce every time the second hand advances - brilliant little detail there!

1 Like

The sun’s gettin’ reeeeal low…"

1 Like

Do you have the Hulk in there? :smile:

The Sherpa would probably carry him!

I’m working on testing out some photo-based liveries–here is an early preview. Will likely be a week or two before I’ve got it.

6 Likes

I 100 percent agree with that statement. Could not have said it better.

2 Likes

Looking good! Their decision to increase the price 67% from their previous products was quite a move. I understand they have invested time for this product, but still makes one wonder.