Now this came as a big surprise

Spot the anomaly:

I have NEVER had that many FPS ever. I didn’t get them now, either - sadly. In Game I still get high 20s in the areas I generally fly around. But on a serious note - the patch went smoothly for me although I don’t know what has changed or improved…

Patch notes:

I get close to 600 fps on loading screens. Sometimes higher. Depends on the screen that is loading. Sometimes its high, other times its like 170 ish and other times its like 10 fps lol. Main menu I think I get around 80? And on the map page with the globe its around 120 if I remember correctly. In game I get between 45-70 fps depending on what I am flying and where.

The patch didn’t change anything for me performance wise.

Many people believe that high FPS is not the holy grail, but framerate timing consistency is more important.

So they limit their fps to 30 (using the nVidia control panel or Afterburner/RiaTuner)

This gives silky smooth operation and everything runs cooler.

1 Like

Agreed. My comment was not aimed at performance in sim - there is no way a graphics card can reach numbers like that. Unless of course it’s drawing nothing but a blank or unmoving screen.

I am happy to get a nice fluid in-game performance. I limit FPS to what msfs recommends, based on my system specs. It was the giggle factor.

I don’t consider high FPS to be the holy grail either. I don’t limit my frame rate though. Doesn’t seem to help in this game. It actually makes it worse for me. I tried limitting frame rate, using vsync and gsync. Runs better if I just leave all that off and do what it wants. I don’t get any screan tearing at all if it manages to go above 60 fps so it doesn’t bother me. Now in FSX I did limit the frame rate to 30 fps and set vsync to half my refresh rate. I also limit my frame rate in other games like project cars.

I played with it just to see how much fps I could squeeze out of it but honestly if it consistantly stays above 30 fps I am happy. I might turn a couple of things back up just to slow it down a bit actually. I have even had it dip into the 20’s at times and it didn’t effect how it looked. Only way I knew was because I had fraps running in the corner. For the most part I am done watching the fps now. Just going to play the game and have fun now.

1 Like