Now waiting for Hotfix 2

I prefer the previous version, everything was so beautiful and stable.

1 Like

OAT +43 at FL300. So yes, still not fixed

2 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up folks.
Asobo is in France, and the month of August is pretty much paid time off over there. So it’s going to be a bit challenging for them to get a lot of work done in August, even if they wanted to.

No live traffic. Only players. Looks like everything is downgraded. Please fix this.

Indeed, there was a lot that needed fixing before this update and it still felt very much like a beta frankly as a lot of it was pretty basic stuff fairly essential to this being a sim. Yes I could get some fun out of some pretty visuals at low level, but as an immersive sim experience it’s pretty terrible. Just things like hearing thunder at altitude with every flash, I’ve never heard thunder in a plane in real life once in years of flying round storms in the tropics. Flying through 60,000 foot cumulonimbus without a bump after all the pre-release hype about air flow models.

Going back to SU4 still leaves us with a mess. I allowed myself to get my hopes up from the list of improvements and hype that this would be the update that finally more or less gets us the stable base, and after that it’d be improvements.

However, I now feel it’s highly unlikely this game will ever be something that can just be enjoyed without having to make workarounds on basic essentials, worrying about CTDs and having to regularly lose days to just fixing stuff. I don’t want to get to the end of a other Saturday realising I just wasted it being frustrated. I think something is fundamentally wrong in how it’s been built that may make it unsaveable, do we really believe future updates will be any better?

2 Likes

Thanks for your support, it’s appreciated.

Turn off multiplayer and you’ll see live/AI traffic.
There are just a limited number of other active aircraft that the sim is loading and multiplayer get priority with a very big distance. If you have enough multiplayer aircraft around you (I think 30 is the limit), there will be no room to spawn live/AI aircraft.

Turn off multiplayer or choose another server where there’s less other people at the location you’re flying.

This is by no means new, has been that way since initial release.

That’s incorrect. Companies can control vacation time so that there are still enough people available to do the work. Otherwise everything would shut down.
Now with travel restrictions everywhere, I assume the urge to take vacation in summer isn’t as high as usual.

Reading the release thread of SU4 will paint a different picture. After every single one update there were people complaining, asking to revert. But that won’t happen, so better learn to look forward.

Chill
 And read up what “community mod” actually means. Nobody is obliged to provide you anything.
Need things changed? Ask politely or provide the fix yourself to the community.
That’s how it works.

Well, the law does not force people to take vacation in August, but that is when when most people take their mandatory month long time off, including in the software industry. The whole French society is organized around that. I spent many years in France that’s why I say this :slight_smile:

Here is an article confirming it:

2 Likes

Well it’s saying that there are part of people taking July off, and another part taking August off.
Remember that the initial launch was in August last year. It’s safe to say that Asobo did not shut down then :slight_smile:
Suggesting that it’ll have a big impact on what we see in development is speculation.

Today is Black Saturday (on the European roads) as usual at the peak of the summer holiday season.
Although more people may have been able to commence their journey on Friday.

True.
The article also says about August:
“C’est le mois le plus creux de l’annĂ©e. Le pays tout entier tourne au ralenti”

In English, literally: It’s the slowest month of the year, the whole country is grinding to a halt :wink:
So I was not making this up :slight_smile:
Also, being that they were working on the xbox release in July 2021
 I guess this year is different than last year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not talking about at FL300, I’m talking about FL80 or less and 10nm away from the runway, which still happens to be a blurry mess. Are you a pilot?

I’m not looking for trouble buddy
I hope you are not too 

i didnt want anything for free , I just said that after four days, they still have not updated their mods, that’s all 

I even went to the site ( flightsim.to) and offered a coffee, but no one answered

Please do not comment so quickly on things you are not sure about
thnx

Those are projects maintained by a few (or one) people in their free time.
Be happy if you get an update, but your attitude just speaks that you have expectations that aren’t appropriate.

You can still pay a coffee, independent of the time an update requires. These people brought you joy and once they provide an update, you’ll get again fun with their mod. That should be worth it. Even paying them a coffee doesn’t entitle you to any expectations towards future development.

If you write them messages in the way you do here, I’m not surprised they didn’t respond, honestly.

Being myself someone working with others on a free mod and having released multiple mods myself alone, I can tell you exactly how that looks.

2 Likes

You said “and their developers dont even bother updating after 4 days”. That’s not a neutral statement - it’s saying they are too lazy to do it. The people making these mods don’t owe us anything. They have lives/jobs/families to take care of. No doubt some or all will be updated in time. A bit of patience is needed - or do it yourself if not.

2 Likes

Patch fix request 
 The sim.

You talk as if my life depends on their modes so I can enjoy

No, it is not
There are so many things I can enjoy
There is no obligation for them to update or not, I guessed they might need coffee and I suggested to them
By the way, my message was not personal and was a comment

Hi, I am having the same problem with no real time AI showing since SU5 + Hotfix, but it seems very few are having this problem, strange.

1 Like

Then chill and wait for updates. No reason to call out mod makers that do not provide one in 4 days.

2 Likes

Because the plane mods have not yet been updated to run in SU5 by their developers? As per countless other comments on countless other threads, until you know they have been I would keep them, and any other mods, well out of out of the way

Advised my nephew to empty his community folder this morning and he suddenly had a sim that would launch, and we had a problem free two hour trip up the Spanish coast to Barcelona

I know there are other issues to be fixed but this seems to be surest way to getting a sim that at least launches.