NVIDIA 466.11 drivers released (MSFS VR fix included)

Fixed: [VR]: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR may stutter if Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
is disabled. [3246674]

4 Likes

Beware:

[Prepar3D]: The application crashes to desktop after launched. [3285067]

NB: some are reporting 466.11 Studio Version doesn’t CTD P3D

Otherwise:

1 Like

Been watching this space. The last driver did indeed render my P3D useless via CTDs. I went back a version which is fine as it does work fine for me with MSFS.

I’ve tried it with a 2070s… 457.30 is still by far the winner for that generation of GPUs, a lot more fluid than the new driver

Any thoughts on how this performs vs. 457.30 on 3000-series?

I’m running a 2080 Super, and according to my preliminary tests, it looks like I’ll finally abandon the 457.30 for the new 466.11. I have a regular test flight from KLAS to KLAX, and I found a couple of areas of stutters to be noticeably reduced using the default settings with the 466.11.

That sounds interesting as I am running a 2080Super also. I have been reverting to version 457.30 after testing every new driver the past months. Maybe I need to try again :slight_smile:

It’s been rare for me to find someone running the 2080 Super. If you do test out the new driver, I hope you post your results on this forum. Good luck.

Same story as before for me - 2080ti G2 WMR/OXR
466.11 -

457.30 -
Feels like this will never get sorted… :pensive:

2 Likes

That is a huge difference. Starting with the last driver, I’ve been getting good results. I can’t recall ever seeing this much varying mileage between users when it comes to game performance :frowning:

1 Like

I tried it on my 2080 Super also, and I’m encouraged by it. I had two of the smoothest flights I’ve had in weeks tonight. Very few stutters. Performance at KLAX was even playable for me tonight, and it has not been since SU3.

Glad to hear it’s working out for you. You mentioned issues around KLAX. I often fly between KLAS and KLAX, and I’ve found that stutters can become rather extreme every time I reach a waypoint called “WLNUT”. I realize it’s still early, but the amount of stutters has been noticeably lower after I installed 466.11 today. I guess it’ll always be tough to get rid of all stutters when flying into such a dense urban area like LA.

466.11 time warps a 3090 into

2 Likes

Does it? What results are you seeing?

I assume that’s bad news?

Hello, so hardware accelerated GPU needs to be turned off in windows for the fix to work?

Nope. ON or OFF it should now not create stutters thanks to the fix. So you need to try on your configuration which one is better.
Edit : I know it’s not an helpful answer but every machine act differently…
Edit2: On performance side and only regarding FPS I have the exact same FPS result versus latest 465.xx with all benchmarks I tried so far.

Thanks for the explanation CodeLoran69! <3

I’m shocked how much HAGS ON still kills performance on my system. (3600 2070s reverb g2)

I get fairly decent frame rates with it off and in a specific test I do I get about 37fps in a low density area without stutter. If I change nothing but turning HAGS from off to on the same scenario gives 22fps. This has applied to several of the latest driver releases when I’ve tried this test (457.30 wasn’t so bad in this regard).

Otherwise these latest drives are working great HAGS off. Am I missing something with this feature?

4 Likes

I have exactly the same observations (on a 2070s as well)
Isn’t it supposed to raise performance?

1 Like