Nvidia DLSS support

I had held off buying Cyberpunk 2077 until I got an RTX capable card. It does seem like an effective technology, with no discernible degradation in graphics. And it does look amazing!

I can definitely see highly detailed reflective water being a benefit, maybe better representation of sun through clouds, ray traced shadows on the ground from clouds, that sort of thing.

2 Likes

People are using the CPU-limited argument against DLSS support. They are not considering that:

1. Not everyone owns an RTX 3080. DLSS will be of most benefit to those with an RTX 2060, the upcoming RTX 3050, or those who want to run the simulator at 4K with an RTX 2070 for example.

2. VR is already creating lots of GPU-limited scenarios.

3. With the upcoming CPU optimisations, most of which will be delivered with the DirectX 12 patch, many system configurations could end up being GPU-limited.

4. Ray-tracing will be extremely taxing even on today’s high-end GPUs. Those with an RTX 3080 will probably have to forget smooth 4K30 at Ultra and ray-tracing enabled.

5. DLSS is using a world-class TAA solution, which is generally better at resolving fine detail (like thin lines and trees) than native resolution with standard TAA.

6. NVIDIA will continue to improve DLSS over time. It will probably be the only way they can compete against chiplet-based RDNA 3 GPUs after all.

7. While it is showing weaknesses in extreme motion, a flight simulator by its own nature is not creating lots of unpredictable motion. It would be a great match.

I really hope they will take this request more seriously once the engine team are done optimising for the Xbox. There is lots of potential benefit.

11 Likes

Evga and Evga Bstock. Signup for the queue for the 3080ti. If your not a elite member try and become one.

I had a 6 year old GPU, plus a slightly more modern PSU, and that was enough. If it, I think you have to make either a 100 or thousand non-spam posts on their forums to be eligible.

Completely agree with pretty much everything you wrote here, good job.

2 Likes

Yet asobo does not care
 they’re too busy working on the Xbox versions that will use AMD FX Technology. Why would they care about PC when millions of people will download this on the console version? I have come to terms with that by now.

You might be right about this, I don’t know. Here is the latest official statement I’ve found about this:

Since their answer is about antialiasing, I just hope they didn’t mix DLSS with DLAA :crazy_face:

However I don’t believe this has anything to do with Asobo wanting or not. It seems most if not all decisions are solely handled and funneled by Microsoft, or at least, this is what I feel when watching the Q&A videos. It might just be me feeling this way though because every topic I read a blame, it is against Asobo mostly, and I feel quite embarrassed for Sebastian and Martial every time.

7 Likes

I would love this feature.The rendering scale absolutely crushes my 2060super on 3440x1440 as the card struggles to keep good fps at that screen res.Mean time lowered my render scale.

They had a tiny Nvidia RTX logo in their last video:

My hope for future DLSS support (especially in VR) is back!

Its likely because its Nvidia sponsored

2 Likes

This sharp NVidia logo with an excellent anti-aliasing algorithm where you can’t see any pixel, along with its unique shade of green and this white on black RTX label is looking nice to me. Sure, let’s hope.

1 Like

Which is a good news. I was afraid they wouldn’t work with Nvidia at all because Microsoft uses AMD GPU in Xboxes.

Yep, Jayne said during a community fly-in that the streams on the official channel are sponsored by NVIDIA because she is streaming using a system with an RTX 3080. They’ve also had an NVIDIA banner with a small note on the channel’s description for a while.

All computers that stream to this channel use NVIDIA graphics cards. We are a proud partner of NVIDIA.

Considering that NVIDIA have promoted the simulator on their own channels a few times, I think it’s baffling that DLSS has barely been considered so far. They obviously have more than a barebones partnership, which means implementing DLSS should be even easier.

1 Like

I do not agree with what you say as the xbox does not have a partnership with amd for FSM20, so here is Dlss2 possible and I can also say xbox games run in DLSS like the medium

1 Like

I’ve just seen the following video (posted in a topic which was immediately unlisted):

They are not showing anything better in their video than the CAS Shader already implemented in MSFS. It doesn’t look like super-res to me (aggregating multiple frames to create details):

1. compare the character with the orange cape on both sides in the first shot below.

2. compare the green plant to the left of the white bar on the first shot, with the same one to the right of the white bar in the second shot. Even when seen closer it doesn’t show more details at all and is more blurry

DLSS demonstrations/videos are looking much better

and given 85% of Simmers are using an NVidia (Navigraph survey) :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Look at this for example, it is not only faster, but also sharper with finer details with DLLS

7 Likes

I made a thread on the wishlist section about it.

1 Like

Quiz: find the missing title: :innocent:

3 Likes

DLSS in Battlefield V looks horrible. It’s not the 2.0 version though.

Fixed it! :smiley:

1 Like

Wait, what, RDR2 and Doom Eternal already have DLSS?!?!