Nvidia Driver 461.72

@Rev20105189 457.30 won’t necessarily bring 10+ fps, but most likely bring tons of smoothness and regular frame timing, especially noticeable and needed for VR.

3 Likes

That was it! Odd, I’ve never had that happen with MSFS resetting graphics settings after an update. I’ll have to keep that in mind now. My performance is still lower than with the last drivers for some reason, though.

What can happen if the driver is not updated in a long time? Thinking of the 457.30

1 Like

I have the RTX2060 and this new driver increased my FPS by 3–5 as well as the smoothness

1 Like

On my rtx 3080 the 457.51 works better … With the 461 it crashes after 5 minutes

Nope :wink:

You have been warned: Do not install geforce experience :wink:

5 Likes

Interesting to see how many of you still prefer 457.30.

I was using that version for quite some time but then figured maybe it was time to move on. Thinking “Surely Nvidia must have addressed any issues with the latest version of their drivers by now…”

Guess not after reading all the comments in here :slightly_smiling_face: I saw someone saying the 460+ drivers are unkind to 2000 series owners but I also saw a 3080 owner saying 457.x works better for him.

OK, time to use DDU again and 457.30…here I come again :+1:

2 Likes

I installed it today and actually seemed it provided better performance for me in VR. I have the 2080 super

1 Like

My Graphics settings did nor reset with this new driver update.

Exit developer mode, mine looks the same in developer mode, there are some options to deselect graphical features, pretty sure you have set something wrong in the dev mode.

No issues on my end, no increase in FPS and no decrease either…
Running a Dell 51m with 2070 graphics…

Yes indeed, it’s basicly a oversized (unneeded) settings changer. The most annoying part is the constant log files that are written. Which sadly many programs do these days without a option to turn off logging at all.

That did it that fixed it. Reset settings in developer menu, then turned off developer setting. FPS counter hung around so I QTD and rebooted computer. Game is purring like a kitten again with asphalt runways and nice bright yellow gate signs. Thanks a million.

457.30 works beautifully for me with RTX2060, hesitant to try the update.

Good question. Wondering the same thing.

I have an RTX 2070. I feel there may be some loss of performance with the latest driver. Difficult to say how much, as sim is more than playable.

Does 457.30 work with cyberpunk and squadrons too? I’m not sure how it would behave with titles released after the driver date.

With SWSQ yes.

How can i go back to 457.30 driver if I wanted to “downgrade” ?

As far as I remember there was a bug with trees overlaying the scenery and some other bugs.

@Raybel2 Just install the older driver, it will overide the installed driver.