NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 532.03 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 532.03.

Highlights

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games featuring DLSS 3 technology including The Lord of the Rings: Gollum. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver introduces significant performance optimizations to deliver up to 2x inference performance on popular AI models and applications such as Stable Diffusion.

Gaming Technology

Introduces support for the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti (8GB)

Fixed Issues

• [Age of Wonders 4] Application stability issues [4101637]
  • [Bus Simulator 31] Ansel & Freestyle not working [4090979]

Known Issues

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
  • Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon[3952556]
2 Likes

Curious to hear how it works with DX12 and if we get the same error / crash.

3 Likes

And again nothing for MSFS that pushes DLSS for game play.
Remember when they said to always keep your drivers up to date.
What happen

8 Likes

Installed and MSFS started without any problems with DX12. I havenā€™t done any Nvidia GPU updates for several months. This one works well for my first test. I find that the SIM is more smooth but it may be an impression.

RTX 4090, AMD 7950X3D, WIN11, 64 GB RAM, DX12, TLOD 180

EDITED: I confirm after my test on LFPO, the sim is much smoother. Maybe this update?

ā€œsignificant performance optimizations to deliver up to 2x inference performanceā€

6 Likes

Are the new NVIDIA Drivers Safe to use?

Weā€™ve moved your topic into the Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if thereā€™s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Did you try to set on Nvidia Filters?

1 Like

No i never install GeFoce Experience.

I want to know if this driver fixes the issue that, in DX12, at random times we get a crash with error message ā€œyour graphics card has run into an issueā€ or something to this effect, canā€™t remember the exact wordingā€¦

6 Likes

From Nvidia forum: Full Open Issues:, there is still problem with filters and DX12 with MSFS:

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering [3888343]
  • [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
  • Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]
    *** Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]**
  • Event Viewer logs nvlddmkm error at the end of the OCCT video ram test when memory is full [4049182]
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
  • [Surface Book/Surface Studio] Dedicated GPU stuck at lowest clock speed when notebook is running off of battery [4063597]
  • After updating to R530 drivers, certain GeForce RTX 40 series notebook models may randomly experience a TDR/black screen [4024853]
  • Some monitors may display random black screen flicker when in Display Stream Compression mode when using R530 drivers [4034096]
  • [Control][DX12] Cut scenes and videos show tearing and partial jitter [4084000]
  • In certain languages, the NVIDIA Control Panel option is missing when right-clicking over the NVIDIA system tray icon [4019721]
    *** [Microsoft Flight Simulator] Game may randomly crash when playing in DX12 mode after updating to driver 531.41 [4051526]**
  • Fast sync caps the game FPS to the monitors maximum refresh rate [4114157]

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/519572/geforce-grd-53203-feedback-thread-released-52423/

3 Likes

I highly doubt this, the term ā€œinferenceā€ is usually used in AI applications. So this is for sure a change in the driver aimed at AI use cases.

the issue still there, even with the new driver :neutral_face:

guess iā€™ll stick with 531.29 until this is fixed

5 Likes

Me too. Iā€™m on 531.30

1 Like

I loaded up a short hopā€¦ the same ā€˜encountered a problem with your graphics cardā€™ bug about 60 miles from the airport. My card is not overheating, and Iā€™m not using DX12.

Guess Iā€™ll shelve the game till the next set of drivers. Ever since WU13, Iā€™ve had this issue. And rolling back to 531.29 is not an option for me.

Man that must be disappointing! I cannot offer any suggestions (in a world of CTDs myself so know how you feel)

Could you please give it a try for me? Adjusting the sharpening, color, and contrast can significantly enhance the picture quality compared to the default settings. The most recent driver that works well for me is version 528.49.

To provide further clarification on assessing stability:

• Use HAGS ON (it is necessary for DLSS 3.0 Frame Generation on RTX4090)
  • Use Nvidia Filters (they provide a significant improvement in visuals)

I have experienced CTD (caused by nvwgf2umx.dll) with both drivers 531.18 and 531.26, but not with the Nvidia driver 528.49.

For example, CTD occurs when approaching a demanding airport, such as Dallas airport (KDFW).

The cleaned driver from Guru3Dā€¦

Tried it last night, one stutter, then no issues. But my system is giving me fits making all my USB things needed to work and then keeping on the Blue Tooth Audio device. Got new PC coming, which is way more powerful than this one, those issues should disappear.

Why is that?

Im curious to know if your issue isnt different if youre using without dx12ā€¦ i have never used dx12 and kept up to date on all my drivers and never had one crash but i do have extreme stutters with certain planes (especially the Headwind a339 on final) sinxe WU13ā€¦ once again these WU always make the sim do something terrible.