NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 537.58 Discussion

Thanks for always linking the Clean Versions of new Nvidia Drivers :wink:

2 Likes

I am replying to my previous post to report that I had a CTD again last night as the plane was loading into the gate and then when I finally got it running I had two very deep FPS drops in the manner of screen freezes (FPS from 40 to 10) - one when switching from cockpit to external view and one while the plane was banking over some mountainous terrain. This led me to reinstall the driver and the next flight was OK. Will try again tonight.

1 Like

Did you delete your shader cache after installing the new driver?
Did you check your in-sim settings were unchanged?
Did you check your nVidia Control Panel settings are the same?

1 Like

Yes to all three :slight_smile:

Hi AirPorkOne,

There are some little programs that run in the background of the ā€˜full-fatā€™ Nvidia driver. These applications are telemetry related and not considered necessary. The Nvidia Experience with itā€™s filters are removed too, ultimately you get a lighter slimmed down driver. The 'bloaā€™t is easy to remove manually, just by deleting folders within the extracted driver components. Nvidia arrange these neatly into named folders which makes manual editing a breeze. CptLucky8 ## RXP is the author. Search his posts in this forum.

BRGDS

Charles.

There is Nvidia Telemetry still running even on cleaned drivers.

Thatā€™s strange, I cannot find anything running at all related to Nvidia on my system other than the CTL Panel when I open the driver settings. There is Nvidia Container but it remains idle. I think that is related to G-Force Experience which has been removed from my driver.

Please, what is the name of the process that you say is running on the cleaned driver in the background of the PC?

Charles.

GameSessionTelemetry
It writes to a telemetry log file in your C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GameSessionTelemetry

Most likely hardcoded into the main nvidia container process.
(NvGSTPlugin.dll is loaded by the Nvidia Display Container).

Intersting. Pico 4 user here, havent updated to newest pivo 5.8 version, because i heard problems of PCVR gaming with it. So you did update it and now, problem did go away with these new nvidia drivers?

Can you please do some tests, revert earlier nvidias and see pico4 performance with MSFS. And then again, update to these new ones and see is there again performance upgrade with picoĀ“s 4.8 update?

did you see this post of mine 1h ago? Pico 4 and OpenXR Toolkit - #141 by C0rsten

Talgmar,

I was not able to find NvGSTPlugin.dll running on my system with the cleaned driver, even with MSFS running and stopped. I think back in in early 2023 this .dll was causing high CPU spikes?

Charles.

All good here 537.58.
PC, steam, 4080, 7900x3d, dx12.
FG on, nvidia filters, HDR etc.

Correction
_NvGSTPlugin.dll

Default location
c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_6c392b661a08bfd2\Display.NvContainer\plugins\Session\

Exactly.

1 Like

I havenā€™t upgraded the Pico to the new version as yet, partly because of the comments above but mostly because it hasnā€™t been offered to me yet!

Interesting post but Iā€™m not really a techie person and even following the instructions Iā€™d be sure to muck it all up. Itā€™s working fine for me so Iā€™ll leave it alone!

ā€œIf it ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix itā€.

ok, dont update it to 5.8. it is broken. I tought that you had it and nvidia drivers made it better.

Hi Ten Patrol,

I have looked for the plugin folder, itā€™s not present on my system. I guess the plugin is absent with the cleaned driver. That may be why I never had problems in the past with NvGSTPlugin.dll and high CPU usage.

BRGDS

Charles.

Missing

1 Like

Is this only in VR? Or does the removal of this .dll cure CPU spikes also on regular 2D usage?

Fixed long time ago - march 7 2023.

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 531.26 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 531.18.
The hotfix addresses the following issues:

• Higher CPU usage from NVIDIA Container might be observed after exiting a game [4007208]
  • [Notebook] Random bugcheck may be observed on certain laptops with GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs [4008527]
2 Likes

So you dont have a telemetryPlugin.log file in this folder?:
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GameSessionTelemetry\ ?

I am not using the clean driver anymore so I just want to know if it still logs telemetry to that log file, because that is how it used to be before. And if not, I would start using it again. So if someone can just take a quick peek and see if the Game Session Telemetry logging is still happening still on the clean driver that would be awesome.

If you right click your ā€œNvidia Containerā€ process in your Task Manager and select ā€œOpen File Locationā€, where does it open?

ā€œNvidia Containerā€

1 Like

Talgmar,

I have had a good look for you. I donā€™t have the log file on my system you are interested in.

Here is the path to NvContainer, (no log files here).

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdig.inf_amd64_bdb2eb4088db0b4b\Display.NvContainer

No game session telemetry

It does not look like the Game Session Telemetry is logging on this cleaned driver.

Take care.

BRGDS

Charles.

1 Like

ā€œtext document=logā€ :wink: