NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 546.17 Discussion

You can however edit the field as well to point to a completely different time server. I set mine to time.google.com but have switched it back to time.windows.com for now. Time sync seems to be happening for me every login to windows now.

1 Like

Seems to work here as well, but sometimes, when trying to do a manual sync, it wont work. Have to try again, and then it works.

1 Like

PCVR is working fine with my QPro, Q3, and Vive Pro1. Maybe very slightly smoother than 545.84. Used DDU to uninstall previous driver beforehand. Also, DX11 and HAGS disabled (still works best for me with VR).

PC is i9 13900K/rtx4090 win11.

1 Like

9+hr block. 3070Ti 1440p. Smooth, stable, no stutters.

1 Like

This has been the smoothest most stable driver for me in a long time.

2 Likes

OUTSTANDING performance for 4090 VR HP Reverb v2
All ultra settings, 200pct.WMR
Dx12

NVCP

x16
ultra low latency
max power
clamp (i have not tested allow yet)

rest default

40 FPS over NYC

Speechless
400/200 detail on msfs settings
85-90pct usage of vram

Iā€™ve reinstalled 546.17 as I just noticed they have some Starfield support for the new beta, so going to give it another shot, with some more focused testing in MSFS.

1 Like

all good here,

win11 4k dx11,i7-13700k 4090 max graphics vsync on

1 Like

I have a Pimax Crystalā€¦ since using 546.17 I have bad horizontol stripes all over the displayā€¦ will try to revertā€¦

As info, one thing Iā€™ve noticed in my years of using NVidia drivers is that sometimes the first install goes wonky for whatever reason, but the second install seems to clear up problems. Sometimes they just release a driver that doesnā€™t work well with MSFS, and if thatā€™s the case then a second install wonā€™t help. But if others with your HW are reporting good results, you might want to try a reinstall before giving up.

****///////////////

This driver works great for me. I use DDU and NV Cleaninstall and it MSFS looks great with no stutters etc. Moved on from Driver 537.58. But I was hoping it would fix the terrain tiles popping in and out issue Iā€™ve been experiencing since the SU13 and it did not, so itā€™s not a Nvidia problem.

1 Like

Well I just tried installing this driver and first time ever itā€™s done this. It says the screen might flicker - yes, it normally goes black for a moment and comes back to desktop.

This time, it just stayed black. I left it a good while but it was not doing anything. Had to hold power button and boot back in (thankfully it came back into Windows). But I see in Device Manager it does show the new driver version on the card. 31.0.15.4617

Should I reinstall anyway or do you think itā€™s OK?

Iā€™m beginning to think with NVidia itā€™s more a case of Inside the Voodoo Rituals of Haiti

When I have the ā€œscreens go blackā€ problem, its when Iā€™m surfing, writing, flying, or anything and itā€™s generally after a driver update. MSFS doesnā€™t necessarily have to be running. I have to push the button to get it restarted, then reload the driver and that seems to clear the problem.

I keep threatening to go back to the last good version and leave it at that but Iā€™m one of those bleeding edge guys. :grinning:

How do you reload the driver?

But the stutters was not an Nvidia problem either. They are not due to ideal settings. If they are right on the borderline, they will occur sometimes and sometimes not. This can lead to wrong conclusions.

This time round it seems more stable for MSFS, but now Starfield restarts my PC after closing it, and you donā€™t even get the courtesy of a BSOD. Likely bc Iā€™m not on the beta version of Starfield, so Iā€™ll have to wait for the beta to go live to fully assess it now. Thanks NVidiaā€¦I think!

@Pilotpete123 I think they mean just do a reinstall of it.

I create a clean version of the driver and load it. Iā€™m not at home right now but you can find the instructions somewhere on the forum. Basically you start the process and delete several unnecessary NVidia directories then run the setup. I appear to have less problems when I use the clean version, but of course if NVidia sends one out that doesnā€™t work well then it wonā€™t make much difference.

Hello. I had the same trouble, only mine would be good on the first flight of about ten mins. then would slowly start get into some really bad solid stutters. Or, if I crashed on takeoff on the first flight, then restarted the flight, it would have very bad stutters from the get-go. Did this with any AC I tried to fly. I also had the map scroll CDT once, so I rolled back the driver, and Wala! No more Stutters. All is well again. Never had any trouble until I did the recent Nvidia Driver.

My Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition (64-Bit)

Chassis: Corsair 465x RGB Mid-Tower, Black Chassis

Fans: Corsair LL120 RGB Case Fan, 3 (6 total)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX, LGA 1200

Processor: Intel 10th Gen Core i9 10900k 3.7GHz (5.3GHz Turbo) Ten Core CPU

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU Cooler System

Memory: 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 SDRAM 3600mHz

Graphics Processor: 24GB EVGA GeForce RTX 3090, GDDR6, Legacy

System Power: 1000 Watt Corsair RMx Gold Series Power Supply

Sound Card: 5.1 Channel High Definition Integrated Audio Storage

Drive 1: 4TB Rocket M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) Storage

Drive 2: 2TB Rocket M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD)

Optical Drive: External USB CD/DVD Writer (BluRay Compatible)

Networking: Wired High-Speed Internet Ready (10/100/1000/2500)

Networking: Integrated 802.11ax Wireless Card

Using Varjo VR