NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 546.17 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 546.17.

Game Ready for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Starfield.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [Alan Wake 2] Addressing gradual stability and performance degradation over extended periods of gameplay [4334633]
  • [Counter Strike 2] Improved NVIDIA Reflex functionality and performance [4361128]
  • [Starfield/Cyberpunk 2077] Stutter observed on some Advanced Optimus notebooks [4341762]
  • [Control] Game stability issues over extended periods of gameplay [4313811]

Fixed General Bugs

• [OBS] Tearing issue when recording high resolution video [4359771]
  • [Notebook] GPU can become frozen in maximum performance state [4364631]
  • Windows 10 transparency effects are not displaying correctly after driver update [4335862]
  • Random Bugcheck may be observed on certain systems [4343844]
  • [Wallpaper Engine] Wallpaper shows tearing when cloned in multi-monitor configuration [4364562]
  • [Firefox Beta] Increased page file memory use when enabling RTX Video Super Resolution [4359080]

Known Issues

• [Discord] When streaming gameplay, colors may appear muted [4349586]
2 Likes

I was getting constant CTD on the world map with this driver and my 1gig internet connection. Rolled back to 545.92 all issues solved. I am running DX12 in 4K on a 4090.

Couple of test flights here. Super Smooth.

4090 DX11.

3 Likes

I stopped using Nvidia drivers and Geforce experience about 6 months ago. I get a more stable performance using the ones Windows gives me. Do I really need Nvidia filters? Nah, not really.

2 Likes

I actually don’t think it has to do with this driver. There’s been several reports of ctd when on the world map. Seems more like it’s a game contra server issue. If you deactivate the weather layer in map options, you will probably be fine. I’ve got this problem with the earlier driver as well.

3 Likes

No. My experience & testing also indicates map zoom CTD is also Nvidia GPU driver related.ref: Sim crashes when zooming in at the worldmap - #361 by Sonicviz

I think it’s best to keep an open mind on it still. It’s possible there are multiple triggers for the map zoom CTD issue as some strange non-linear interactions can cause issues sometimes based on different system configurations. I’ve observed this from my own UI work with MSFS, directly and also indirectly from other users reports.

1 Like

For me, I’ve never had as a smooth gaming experience as this evening - so I still think its very random. I hope it gets sorted out. Yeah, open mind is something you always wanna have with FS2020. I recently learned that some kinds of stutters (not having to to with performance) was helped with syncing the time in Win with the time-servers (two to choose from) manually, since this is not always done. I can’t explain why this works - but it works. =P

1 Like

Anyone got any stability reports for a 30 series card yet? Their release notes mentioned stability a few times (not specific to FS). Reluctant to try until I hear more.

There is a saying that “Every miracle lasts for three days”, if not literally, but it will be true here too.

So far all my Nvidia drivers have been stable under FS. So they had nothing to do with stability.

My issue since two, three driver releases is also with the main menue: stuttery as hell, like I get only 1 FPS. What helps: bring up the Windows task bar by pressing the Windows key, then switch back to MSFS fullscreen. This cures it until the next time the main menue is loaded, e.g. after a flight. I guess its related to FG…

3080ti no issues so far.

2 Likes

:+1:

Great Suggestion – Thanks

1 Like

Can you please explain syncing the time in Win with the time-servers? I really want to try this out :slight_smile:

1 Like

OT for this thread but.
Here’s a synopsis of Windows time server sync. You might need to go through the old windows control panel to get to time and date the old way then internet time then change time server. My time hadn’t been synced in 6 months before I reset it this way.
You can also set the time server to auto sync every time you log in to windows. You can also choose a time server other than a MS one.
The theory is that if not in sync then FS sends data back and forth syncing time in sim so wasting resources and possibly causing delays/stutters. Not sure we have scientific evidence though. -

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-force-windows-10-time-to-synch-with-a-time/20f3b546-af38-42fb-a2d0-d4df13cc8f43

3 Likes

Wery well explained! =)

1 Like

A friend updated to the 546.17 driver yesterday, and on an MP flight with him last evening, he had a CTD. Tried the flight again and another CTD. Helped him revert to the 545.84 driver and he repeated the flight with no issues. I know that he has a 20 series graphics card.

2 Likes

Good info!

I have the 3060 Ti GPU and no problems exept for the map-issues. (CTD’s)

Talking of map issues, has anyone seen a case of your selected aircraft in world planner view sitting centred on the globe but huge and merged into it. I’ve seen this a few times and had no idea if it was driver related or game bug or just me.
You generally see bits of the aircraft poking out of the globe like the nose cone poking out of the Atlantic say and the Tail poking out of the Pacific and the wings poking out somewhere in between but most of the aircraft covered in the globe.
It doesn’t stop you using the sim, but it is weird visually.

In win 11 (not sure about 10) press Windows key on keyboard, the type “time” and choose the time settings. There you will see a button that sais “sync time”. The time will be synced. If you have problem with the standard / default time server that is the windows time server, head over to the old control panel and get into time zone, and then check advanced settings (might need to type admin pw if your not admin), and there you can change to the “nis.gov” or something similar. Theres only two servers to choose from.

Good luck.