NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Display Driver 610.52 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 610.52

This hotfix addresses the following:

  • [Ada] Resolves a frame pacing issue on certain monitors when G-SYNC is enabled [6226972]
  • Resolved an issue that prevented the EDID from being read on certain monitors causing them to be identified as "NVIDIA NV-Failsafe” [6005508]
  • Improved gaming stability in multi-monitor configurations when using V-SYNC with DLSS Frame Generation [6158481]
  • Resolved an issue where certain monitors would not wake from sleep mode [5806798/5635230]
  • [World of Warcraft] Gaming stability improvements [5563205]
  • Resolved an issue that could cause jittering or ghosting in some DirectX 11 games when Smooth Motion is enabled [5937897]
  • Resolved an issue that could cause some games to crash when launched with Smooth Motion enabled [5466398]
  • General stability improvements when the system fails to create a new allocation [5449920]

Click here to download the GeForce Hotfix display driver version 610.52 for Windows 10 x64 / Windows 11 x64

Still no mention of the 610.47 issue;

“Prefer Maximum Performance” Power Management Mode may not be applied correctly [6007998].

I believe this mainly happened if you only selected this in Global settings. I selected this with separate msfs2020/2024 profiles, and so far, I haven’t noticed any issues. Given I only fly in VR I don’t see any point in this hotfix. So, I’ll wait until the next update. Cheers.

Would be cool if we could find out which monitors…

That’s a great question. Maybe you could ask NVIDIA directly and then share their response with us here?

am currently running NVIDIA driver 610.47, which has been working quite well for me overall.

However, I have noticed more stutters when using the external camera and panning around the aircraft, even though cockpit performance seems fine most of the time.

My setup consists of a dual-monitor configuration, with the primary display being a 144 Hz G-Sync monitor.

Could this be some kind of frame pacing issue? Has anyone seen improvements with driver 610.52 compared to 610.47?

Another variable is that I recently upgraded Windows from version 23H2 to 25H2. I’m wondering whether the Windows update could have had any impact on stuttering or frame pacing behavior in MSFS.

This is a known issue in MSFS 2024. Could you check if you also experience the same problem in MSFS 2020?

Oh it really is? Havent noticed it that much since SU4 But know Sinc SU5 but i thought is could be the driver. I Dont have MSFS2020 installed anymore…

If you think it might be related to the NVIDIA driver, try installing the latest NVIDIA hotfix driver. Your PC won’t explode from updating it :smiley:

I’d also recommend performing a clean installation of the driver to rule out any issues caused by previous driver versions.

How to perform a clean installation of NVIDIA drivers

How to perform a clean installation of NVIDIA drivers.

First things first: a proper clean installation of a GPU driver does not delete your games, apps, or wipe your C drive. It simply removes old driver files, registry leftovers and related components so the new driver installs on a clean base.

First, download NVIDIA Hotfix driver and the DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller software.

NVIDIA Hotfix
Click here to download the GeForce Hotfix display driver version 610.52 for Windows 10 x64 / Windows 11 x64

DDU
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.1.5.2 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum

NVIDIA driver removal is best done in Windows Safe Mode - I’ve been saying this for a long time and I’m not changing that opinion. The only exception is when Safe Mode doesn’t work properly on someone’s system.
So before proceeding with any further steps, make sure that Windows Safe Mode is working correctly.

Also, there’s no real need to disconnect from the internet or disable your internet connection during driver uninstall or installation. What actually matters is Windows behavior - just set it so it doesn’t automatically install devices or pull drivers on its own. That alone is enough to prevent conflicts during the process, without having to unplug anything or go offline.

If you’re not an advanced user, don’t feel confident digging deep into Windows settings or simply don’t want to bother, there are easier alternatives.

You can just unplug the Ethernet cable, turn off WIFI or disable your network adapter directly in Device Manager.
In that case, if your PC case is pushed against the wall or placed under a desk, disabling the network adapter is usually the quickest option. Just right-click the network card in Device Manager and disable it.

Right-click “Start” icon and select Device Manager.
Expand Network adapters
Then right-click your network adapter and select Disable device.

Disabling the network adapter in Device Manager is the most convenient and fastest method.

You can also, after launching DDU in normal Windows mode, go into the DDU settings and enable “Prevent downloads of drivers from Windows Update when Windows searches for a driver for a device”
While still in the settings, also enable “Enable Safe Mode dialog”
// Also, as I mentioned above, make sure to check that Safe Mode is actually working on your system before proceeding.

image

Under General Options and Specific Options, you can select the same settings that I have enabled here

Be careful with “Remove present and non-present monitors” - this setting removes monitors and their drivers. After a restart, they will still work, but Windows will not have proper drivers installed for them, so you may need to reinstall the monitor drivers.

Also note that after removing monitors and restarting the PC, Windows may change the refresh rate settings. Go to Windows Settings > System > Display > Advanced display. Check if “Choose a refresh rate” is set to the maximum Hz of your monitor - if not, change it to the max or set it to your preferred value (for example 120Hz instead of 240Hz).
I once forgot about this and Windows set my monitor to 60Hz instead of 165Hz. As a result, I had stuttering in MSFS 2020/2024 and couldn’t figure out why. It turned out the cause was exactly the refresh rate.

So now you already have DDU configured and know a bit more - it’s time to prepare for reinstalling the driver. Before switching to Safe Mode, download the NVIDIA driver you want to install. After downloading it, you can launch DDU and under “Launch option” click Normal and select "Safe mode (recommended).

After the system switches to Safe Mode and DDU is launched, select the GPU you want to uninstall, in this case NVIDIA.
Then click “Clean and restart”.

After the restart, you can install NVIDIA driver. I recommend installing the minimal version, meaning only the driver and PhysX - this way you can make sure everything works properly without NVIDIA app.

So run the previously downloaded installer, select “NVIDIA Graphics Driver”, then click “Agree and Continue”.

On the next screen of the installer, select “Custom (Advanced)” and click “Next”.

On the next screen of the installer, uncheck “HD Audio Driver” and make sure “PhysX” and “Perform a clean installation” are selected, then click “Next”.

After NVIDIA driver installation, restart PC. After reboot, I remind you to install the monitor drivers if needed and check the monitor refresh rate (Hz) in Windows settings, as mentioned above.

If you have checked in DDU
image
and want Windows to install other drivers again, launch DDU in normal mode and under “select device type” click
image

Now you can enable your network adapter in Device Manager. Open Device Manager, right-click the network adapter you disabled, and select “Enable device”.

Restart PC.

Now you can open the NVIDIA Control Panel and set a profile for MSFS according to your preference. The only important thing is not to change settings in the global profile unless you really need to.

After setting up the MSFS profile, check how the game performs. If everything is fine and you need the NVIDIA app instead of the NVIDIA Control Panel, you can download and install it.

Download NVIDIA App

Fly safe.

Nice to some feedback on the hotfix driver.

Just installed and it’s a great driver smooth as silk on my rig 13700k and RTX 5080. Using latest SU 5.1 beta.

I was getting visual artifacts with one of the official iFLY SP1 liveries and I was already starting to think it was caused by iFLY SP1 update or the MSFS 2024 beta 5.1. It turned out I had an older NVIDIA driver installed for testing purposes. I did a clean installation of the NVIDIA driver and installed the latest hotfix 610.25 - and that fixed the issue.

MSFS 2024 SU 5.1 beta, iFLY 737 MAx 8-200 SP1
NVIDIA driver 596.36

MSFS 2024 SU 5.1 beta, iFLY 737 MAx 8-200 SP1
610.25

Latest installed and no disasters. Have to say I am not installing the app since I am afraid it will mess with all my settings. I recall you have a topic somewhere with your “approved” DLSS settings?

The 5080 has never run better.

Clear skys.

Please ask this in a more appropriate thread. When I have some time, I’ll definitely get back to you and answer.

DLSS Main Thread - Latest Version 310.6.0, Feedback and Tips - discussion - User Support Hub / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

It turns out this was not a driver-related issue after all. The problem is reproducible even after a clean NVIDIA driver installation and using the latest hotfix 610.25.

This appears to be a new MSFS 2024 SU5.1 beta bug.
[SU5.1 beta 1.7.33.0] Visual artifacts after “Ready to Flight” spawn (avatar appears below terrain) - Sim Update 5.1 Beta | MSFS 2024 / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

My Nvidia app still shows me as up to date with v 610.47, it doesn’t show me any option for hot fix drivers so I guess I’ll just wait for the next one.

It’s normal that the NVIDIA app doesn’t show a newer Hotfix driver version. Hotfix versions have never been shown in the NVIDIA app. Hotfix drivers are downloaded and installed manually.

610.62 out

Ampere GPUs early driver tests (RTX 3000) here

New GeForce Security Update Driver 582.66 | Windows 10/11 for 700 900 1000 series gpus, Maxwell, Pascal, Volta (which is not supported by new game ready drivers)