OAT of 248 C ?! (Impacts negatively on aircraft performance and autopilot function)

We really need to have a fix soon! Many important events coming up as it’s Friday night! Tried 15 mins ago with more than 10 aircraft - Eng. failed beyond FL250, all levels above. I’m completely sure Asobo would be aware of the problem…but not sure if they will fix this cardinal problem soon

2 Likes

That is the climate change what anyone is talking about…

1 Like

This needs fixing today, people can’t fly. I don’t know if this is a bug or meteo data, but at least they should make it -40 everywhere up there so the engines keep running and the rest of the live weather works.

Knowing Asobo, it won’t be fixed before the weekend

2 Likes

Oh, this does not stop me from flying, I will just turn live weather off above FL240… and turn it back on when coming in for approach and landing.

But I do very much agree that this needs to get fixed asap.

Yeah you can work around it because we have no choice but i’d like the correct winds to match my flight plan.

I don’t get why they don’t push quick fixes for individual bugs.

1 Like

I find this interesting, as I had never looked into this before

Note In This Graph, altitude is in METERS and Temp Deg K,

temp-alt-12-3-218

Forgetting about the discontinuity at temperature of about -36C -

I didnt realise it was a temp thing. It looks like the sim is just not tested before an update is put out.

Its the Thunberg-Mod Thunberg-Mod

1 Like

Ok guys now it’s time to fly low, enjoy it !

Same issue here on a flight from Tenerife to Boa Vista. Currently at FL250, but higher gives massive temp spikes causing you to crash…

1 Like

Anyone know if the temp spike is gone?

This was I think introduced only yesterday (I don’t remember seeing it on Wednesday), likely they are currently investigating the cause. I hope @Jummivana keeps us posted.

There is a possible long term fix for these temperature errors. The ISA, International Standard Atmosphere, as defined by ICAO is used in aviation as a set of standard temperatures and pressures for assessing aircraft performance. Very often you will see aircraft performance charts stating that the measurements were made in accordance with ISA conditions. ISA conditions basically correlate to a temperature of 15 centigrade at sea level and an atmospheric pressure of 1013.2 HP or 29.92 inches. The temperature then drops by approx 2 degrees for every 1000 ft altitude. There are published charts that show the standard set of pressures and temperatures for the atmosphere. While these standard figures do not occur absolutely as listed, it should be a relatively simple task to programme the weather injection system to ignore any figures that are either wildely inaccurate, or differ markedly from the general trend in temperature reduction with altitude. There are occasionally temperature inversions in the atmosphere, where temperatures climb with altitude, and warnings of these inversions are often passed to pilots, as they will affect the aircraft performance. But nothing remotely close to the temperature figures seen in the Sim would be possible. Whether its a Meteoblue issue or Asobo system fault, it should be possible to program the system to prevent these issues in future.

1 Like

Yes that seems to suggest it’s the meteoblue data, hopefully that can be fixed server side.

Last one:

US Standard

71f58768e160289ff6c5a9d94831af61e4e98597_2_690x7811

MSFS (Live Weather)

Apart from the discontinuity, the basic profiles are quite similar

If Discontinuity was fixed

1 Like

Hmm, possibly they fixed the temp error in the higher altitude in the backend, but by accident introduced this huge jump now at 7500m (24000ft)?

Since this does not happen with Clear Skies , but only with MSFS Live Weather, it is most likely a server side issue, and could hopefully be fixed without everyone needing an update…

So a fix may happen at any time !!! :+1:

I feel like Ícaro, but it was the Sun that came down to earth to burn my wings.

1 Like

At around 50,000 m the air temp is back up to almost the ground temperature !!
Something I never appreciated before, but then, I don’t fly that high !!!