Oculus Quest 2 vs everything else

I got the “Party Link” cable. It’s USB C to USB C, like the official Oculus Link cable.
Does the connector make any real difference (USB C vs USB 3)?

As far as I can understand for data it doesn’t but the USBC has more power going through it so can keep the thing charged. The USB A has power but less and only gives enough power to slow the discharge rate.

1 Like

There’s a Google sheet here where folks comment on compatibility with many different cables from Amazon etc:

Also regarding comparing Q2 with the other headsets you may wish to check out this thread Seeking advice on VR headset purchase

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure USB C is nothing more than a connector type, as is USB A and USB B (usually seen on the back of printers and such).

As an example, I have several high-powered USB A 3.2 gen ports on the back of my computer.

At the moment the Oculus cable does not provide an advantage in speed over OEM cables. I have tested many OEM cables and they range from 1.8 to 2.1 Gbps on a 3.1 USB port and are more than adequate to the Oculus cable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.