Oculus Rift: Strange wobbling already in menu

I’m a bit at a loss here: I borrowed an Oculus Rift from a friend to try out VR. I have a low end system (i5 6600K, AMD RX480), so I know I cannot expect much but I think the issue I see has nothing to do with the low specs of my system: I get a strange sort of wobbling/jittering as soon as I activate VR in MSFS. It is already visible in the menu on the crossing lines (where system performance should not play a role). The effect is also present in flight, which is of course very annoying. It’s a bit hard to describe so I took a video (it is visible on the mirrored image on the normal screen as well):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw05fxvf25tugzd/2021.01.22-23.45_clip_1.mp4?dl=0

The Oculus menu, where the same line structure is present, everything looks fine. All other VR games I tried so far are also working fine (in the boundaries of my system specs).

Any idea what is going on? Tried OTT with several settings but this did not change the issue.

1 Like

Just an update if anyone stumbles over this thread:

• tried out a different graphics card (nvidia 1650) -> wobbling in menu is gone. But of course performance in game worse because the 1650 is even weaker than the rx480
  • with RX480: in game, VR looks okay when ASW and stencil is disabled (Oculus beta program active)! Wobbling in menu is still there also with this settings but I don’t care about the menu.
  • did not try out different driver versions, used the latest AMD driver.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.