Oculus - VR not working. Any help?

Same problem here three days I have looking for a sollution

I’m getting the same thing. VR worked the first day. took off and landed. Then after reading all the stuff you should do was done, now i get the error no headset. my Rift S works everywhere else in Oculus, PD3 and x-plane. hum?

I am can get into VR mode when i put on my oculus, but am stuck at the menu box that says ’ VR-reset view’. I have no idea how to close it. tough controllers dont work, and i dont see a mouse cursor to close it.

OK! Finally getting things to work now. Blown away by VR! The controllers dont work but at least the in game mouse seems to be working.

I think you mean you need to hit the space button on your keyboard to reset your view.

Hi, how did you get your headset to work? I can’t pass the big flat virtual screen. I can’t get the screen to split in two to be able to have full VR. I am using quest 2 thanks !

i followed the online youtube instructions, such as allowing beta in the oculus settings. I also had to reprogram my mouse so that middle click was ’ reset’ VR window’. That helped. But i have an Oculus Rift S . Dont know about the Quest. There are a lot of helpful youtube vids on getting VR to work , so check them out.

You guys are lucky to even get to the sim part of your setup. My new Quest 2 works but when I go into Virtual Desktop I see it trying to open my desktop (spinning wheel) and cannot, it gets stuck there, then my outside monitors go black and no keyboard. Only thing to do is turn off PC (3 times) to force safe mode. Then I must reset to a previous restore point. Reinstalled Virtual Desktop again with same problem. It must be that app. Do I need this software (paid $22)? Can’t find a thing on this issue anywhere in the sim universe.
Any help is much appreciated thx!

I was a total VR newbie about 3 weeks ago and had a fairly rough time setting up the Oculus Quest 2 so that it ran reliably on the PC and in MSFS2020. Being a tweaker/optimiser by nature a lot of my issues stemmed from using too high settings for my PC and OQ2 HMD.

I run the OQ2 on link cable. Have you tried that instead of Virtual Desktop (VD)? I got a link cable from Amazon for about £30 which has proven good and did not have to spend £80 on the official version.

I looked at VD but was put off by all the hoops that you need to go through to get it working. For crying out loud, they don’t make it easy!!! Set up a developer a/c (I needed to enter credit card details for this!), set up an organisation, join an organisation, download some windows software, allow apps to be side loaded, download some side loading software! Not wanting to give my cc details I gave up in the end and just used the link cable. By the way, which version of VD did you buy? The one from the Oculus Store or the one on Steam? The first one (?) I believe is the one to get.

Having said all this, I now have the OQ2 running great and it’s working pretty good now in MSFS2020 (45 ish fps and lag free), DCS and X-Plane 11. My favourite at the moment, believe it or not, is Il2 Sturmivik BOS where the visuals are really good at a restricted 45 fps and totally smooth and lag free. It’s pretty ■■■■■■ immersive tbh.

The point I would like to make really is not to give up like I nearly did. Even in its first iteration in MSFS2020 VR is actually quite good. Clearly the visuals are not as good as on my 35 inch 1440p Ultra Monitor but the immersive feeling of being in the cockpit seems to take over. I’ve not simmed in 2d mode for well over a week now for this reason.

I hope you get it sorted and can start to enjoy the new experience :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Frustrating isn’t the soft word I’d use for this setup experience. 2 days and about 15 hrs, I’m so exhausted but I’m almost at the top :disappointed_relieved:
I finally got VD working on my pc. It still forced the monitors to go all black, so I disconnect one monitor (big screen). It didn’t crash anymore. VR doesn’t seem to like 2 monitors.
I’ve got the driver, Oculus software, Open XR in regedit, etc…etc…every step taken.
The sim menu is in VR but when I go into a plane and hit ctr tab, I get a notice that device is not detected. In the General settings, I can’t install VR mode as I get same notice of no device detected.
Is it because it’s the wireless not link? My link cable just shipped out from Best Buy, should I just wait?

1 Like

I have the same problem and done all the thing they say to o. I have an Oculus S. It has a cable and I get No device connected. I don’t know what else to do. I think everybody got theirs working
I’m just giving up…

I use Virtual desktop and Virtual desktop streamer. If I get 'Headset not detected" I reset the link,then CNTRL TAB then 99% of the time it becomes VR.
,I have to use a link cable as my wifi cannot do 5GHz only 2.4 Ghz.I paid $25 for a cable from Kiwi on amazon but it is heavy and pulls on the headset then I found a cheap phone cable and a USB adapter on one end, much lighter and works great $11.

1 Like

I thought VD was only for wifi, you are using VD with a cable? I am not sure to understand.

[quote=“BannanaSiblings, post:91, topic:338279, full:true”
The sim menu is in VR but when I go into a plane and hit ctr tab, I get a notice that device is not detected. In the General settings, I can’t install VR mode as I get same notice of no device detected.
Is it because it’s the wireless not link? My link cable just shipped out from Best Buy, should I just wait?
[/quote]

###################################

Providing that you are not thinking of returning the HMD and there is no looming deadline for the return period I would personally take a break from VR until the link cable arrives. I would leave it a couple of days and just sim in 2d mode. You will probably find that your mind is still working on your problem and that it will eventually come up with a solution when it is stress free. Sometimes I myself try too hard and a short break is sometimes just the ticket :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I use it linked,then it brings up the semi oval panel and I add a desktop which shows my computer screen with MSFS running. From there use the oculus controller to select the games menus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.