[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: Guided Moscow, Russia Tour

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Flight plans will be brought to you by @Pieter1982NL and your regular hosts will be @simtom2 and @Jummivana.

This guided tour is brought to you by @RoyalTot (our newest CM).

When: Friday, 1900Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

16.10 FLIGHT DETAILS

Our newest Community Manager, @RoyalTot, will be joining us for the first time on stream to give us a tour of his hometown: Moscow, Russia! In addition, he will be bringing along his father, Andrew, as another expert on the area. We will be using the 3rd party item ‘Moscow Landmarks’ from the Marketplace to explore this beautiful area.

PLANNING

We will be using an Xcub for this event. Feel free to pick any slower GA plane.

Starting airport is at UUMB. Please load your aircraft 15 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

WEATHER

We will be using a custom snow preset. See link to Drive below.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server West Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Clear Skies

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is provided by the following link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/12gUJtn-VJV_b9moeLPwafkTxYNK1LXHz

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the globe
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

10 Likes

Oooooo. Hopefully this means we’re flying over Moscow with snowy/winter weather! Can’t wait to see this stream. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe you should be able to “upload” the flight plan here on the forum. I have seen other groups sharing the flight plan right here on their posts.

Why do we set the flight time at 3 AM (WAST)?

Hi @Jummivana, I’m not able to download the flight plan from the Drive for whatever reason. Could someone send it in some other way please? Many thanks

Please ignore, found a workaround

i think because moscow is gmt + 3, so you fly early at night until you get to dawn

Unfortunately the flight will probably not be as scenic without addon scenery.
I’d prefer to have fly-ins in locations where everyone could have the same experience with vanilla game (that’s what you also require for the developer updates screenshots) rather than pushing sales by showing what is missing in the base sim.

Is there any info on which aircraft (or at least minimum cruising speed) we’ll use? Since we usually spawn in earlier than the hosts, this information is pretty important.
EDIT: Disregard, XCub again it is. Didn’t notice the update.

Thanks!

3 Likes

What to do with a .wpr file?

You go here: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Weather\Presets

Should pop up as a weather preset once it’s loaded in.

where is that folder? Not in any of the install directories

Edit, nvm, i see a custom scenery pack is used. Not joining.

Depends on where you installed, I have it on my D: drive like so:

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2736839066-3551776766-3381479671-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Hi, Can I change the time while at the same time join the event? It’s already night in my timezone and can’t see anything with night flying.

On mine, it’s Appdata > roaming > Microsoft Flight Simulator > Weather > Presets

I’m on steam.

1 Like

Stupid question - which airport are we taking off from?

Just use the provided flight plan in the opening post.
UUMB is departure. Destination is Z25Y.

How do I load the weather? Also, why is it nighttime when I load the flight?

It’s nighttime in Moscow, you should change the time.
Loading the preset is described a few posts above, please read them.

What did you do to download the files? I’m also running into issues…

Edit: managed in the end by switching browsers and being logged out :man_shrugging:

Thanks for joining everyone!

4 Likes