[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: Guided Tour - Norwegian Fjords

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Hosted by @Jummivana, @simtom2, and @Pieter1982NL .

This flight plan was created by @SeedyL3205

When: Friday, 2000Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event.

FLIGHT DETAILS

Join us this week for a guided tour with Seedyl and Factual Gull around the Norwegian Fjords!

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: X Cub

We will be starting at ENFL. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server North Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Few Clouds

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is provided here: March 19 Community Fly-In - Norwegian Fjords.pln (12.6 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the globe
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

12 Likes

For anyone using the XCub, check out the mods list by the Bush League Legends:

I hope I can keep up with you in my Piper Arrow III :smiley:

4 Likes

I can’t stand the Cub. I’ll be in my trusty DA62!

is it ok to use the king air 350i

Suggest not using live weather, it is raining, and it will be dark at 2100 local time🤔

1 Like

I mean the xcubs fly pretty slow

1 Like

Live weather, just not live time.

I’m definitely using the Bush League XCub mod. You guys who insist on faster planes will just have to wait for me. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll be trying out the JF Arrow 0.2.0.

can not join the msfs discord server.

Can not see other planes. N Europe server, proper .pln loaded.

9 Likes

It’s somewhat common when the server gets overloaded in a specific sector. Ways around it is usually to switch servers and quickly switch back, also be sure your flight is set to show ‘all players’.

1 Like

If this link doesn’t work, something is probably wrong on your end. The link you used might have been out of date.

Thanks everyone for planning, hosting and joining. Was a great route and relaxed flight :slight_smile:
Set the time to early morning for departure and couldn’t have made a better choice, the views were amazing.

And Jayne joined us on her fave C152 today as well :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks, that was great

8 Likes

Haven’t participated in a community fly-in in a while. Good to see it’s still attracting many people, saw several familiar names as well as new ones. Nice to see Jayne flying with us as well!

Thanks a lot to SeedyL, FactualGull and the hosts for yet another entertaining tour over gorgeous scenery. Great flight plan! Would love to see more over the fjords in the future.

8 Likes

9 Likes

After landing at ENAL. I think a couple of pilots are using a non standard scenery :slight_smile:

6 Likes