[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: Bastille Day in France

Alpha Jets of the Patrouille de France fly over Paris during the annual Bastille Day parade.

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Pieter2427, and @FlyingCookie650

When: Friday, July 15 @ 1900Z for two hours.
2022-07-15T19:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

Thursday, July 14 is France’s national holiday, the Fête nationale française :fr:, more commonly known as “Bastille Day” in English-speaking countries. To mark this occasion, our Friday flight plan will see us depart from France’s Brittany region, over the resplendent Mont St. Michel, then onwards to Paris where we will see many famous French landmarks including the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe.

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
Community Fly-In Friday 2022-07-15 France.PLN (3.1 KB)

We will be starting at LFRD. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Extra 330LT, Pitts Special, Cirrus SR22, or any other plane of your choice with a cruise speed of about 150 knots

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

1 Like

Will anyone be flying along that is also on the SU10 Beta ?? Last week it was a lonesome group of only 2 people, hopefully this time there will be more people coming.

I’ve basically wanted to ask the same question! I haven’t moved to the beta yet but I’m really intrigued by DLSS improvements in VR. This is the only way I fly, can’t go back. However, I don’t want to fly community flights alone. Although I sometimes do if I miss them and fly alongside Twitch recording :person_facepalming::smile:

1 Like

I’ve flown the routes on my own for the flights I have missed many times.

1 Like