[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: Kantō Region

Mount Fuji as seen in Microsoft Flight Simulator

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Pieter2427, and @simtom2

When: Friday, September 2 @ 1900Z for two hours.
2022-09-02T19:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

Every year on September 1, citizens of Japan :jp: stop to recognize Disaster Prevention and Emergency Preparedness. This week, we will be flying over Japan’s Kantō Region, including a scenic view of Mount Fuji and the bustling streets of Tokyo.

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
Community Fly-In Friday 2022-09-02 Kanto Region.PLN (4.6 KB)

We will be starting at RJNH. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: CubCrafters X or NX Cub, Cessna 172, Pipistrel Virus, Flight Design CTSL, Pilatus PC-6 Porter, or any other plane of your choice with a cruise speed of about 120 knots

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

12 Likes

For users on Xbox who cannot download the flight plan, the waypoints are listed below:

• Departure: RJNH
  • Shizoukoa-shi Airport
  • Mount Fuji
  • Yokohama Landmark Tower
  • Yokohama Bay Bridge
  • Tokyo (Haneda) International
  • Rainbow Bridge
  • Tokyo Tower
  • Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower
  • Tokyo Skytree
  • Narita Intl.
  • Arrival: RJTU
9 Likes

I can actually attend this YAY!!!

4 Likes

Thank you. They never properly include anything for Xbox on these.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

No problem! Welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

in the future, would yall move the fly-ins to saturday because im in school when yall do the fly-ins

1 Like

First I love this Community Fly-In, it’s always funny to start the weekend with this flight.

Perhaps in the future we can fly a little bit slower for very old planes, that could only reach 85 knots or some flights to get faster and above the 120 knots? Every week its the same 120 knots limit.

Have a great weekend all and happy landings
Quax

2 Likes

This UK time 8pm?

1 Like

Yes-in the UK it is at 8 PM

2 Likes

I’ll be glad when SU10 is officially released, so i can fly with everyone else again. Although I do see numbers increasing each week on the SU10 Beta build :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 Likes

This was my first fly in, a very enjoyable experience. Thanks all!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Glad you liked it.

1 Like

I was flying over the northeast region of su10b in a twin otter over the weekend and saw a lot of light aircraft flying to the south. I am sure it was you all. Please come visit Japan again sometime, RJTU, Utsunomiya’s specialty is dumplings, they are delicious!

Translated by DeepL

2 Likes

Where can I find previous flight plans?