[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: Lake Ontario & Niagara Falls

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Jummivana, @Pieter2427, and @simtom2

When: Friday, July 1 @ 1900Z for two hours.
2022-07-01T19:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

Friday, July 1st is Canada Day :canada:, and Monday, July 4th is Independence Day :us:. In recognition of the national holidays of these two countries, this week we will be flying a route around Lake Ontario on the Canada-USA border, including flying over the majestic Niagara Falls!

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
Community Fly-In Friday 2022-07-01 Canada Day & Independence Day.PLN (3.5 KB)

We will be starting at CYTR. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Cub Crafters X or NX Cub, Cessna 172, Pipistrel Virus, Flight Design CTSL, Pilatus PC-6 Porter, or any other plane of your choice with a cruise speed of around 120 knots.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

6 Likes

Beautifull location, will try to fly along

1 Like

Looks like fun but a question… I loaded the provided PLN file and my G1000 airspeed, altimeter, and directional gyro are frozen (not updating). If I don’t load the PLN file everything works fine. Known issue or is there a problem with the PLN (or with me :slightly_smiling_face:)

Okay, this is very weird. I tried flying the flight plan in an NX Cub and had the same issue as you. None of my glass cockpit avionics were updating. I then switched to a Pipistrel Virus and my airspeed indicator, altimeter, vertical speed indicator, and heading indicator all functioned correctly, but the moving GPS map on the MFD was not updating my plane’s position. I tried to re-create the .pln file with the same waypoints and experienced the same issue. I’ve never seen a bug with a .pln file like this before. I’m honestly not sure what might be causing it.

1 Like

Well I’m glad it’s not just me! Maybe I’ll just fly the Pipistrel tomorrow and pass on any additional troubleshooting. THANK YOU for the follow up.

1 Like

Did the same thing in the NX Cub and the Fox planes for me. Like the electronics froze up

This is gonna be great! I’m from the Buffalo area so I fly around here very often. I even used to work at KBUF as a refueler. It’s perfect timing too, they FINALLY posted a KBUF add-on in the marketplace by Iniscene for $19. Thanks again for hosting these fly-ins, can’t wait for this to start!! :+1::airplane:

I’m playing through Xbox can someone post the actual flight plan and each waypoint, the one in the post it is for computer only. And I can’t open it on my phone at all.

If you look at the image of the flight plan, the waypoints are listed right below the departure and arrival airports (except for KROC at the end)

1 Like

Things to try:

Create the plan with LNM, then import to MSFS.
Create the plan in the sim, but only the departure, and arrivals.
If that last one works, keep adding waypoints until the problem comes back.

Perfect thank you very much, did not even notice that. I’m still trying to get use to every thing MSFS

1 Like

Why is SE asia picked as server its the worst server there is, west europe is the fastest. Lots of spawning issues on SE Asia server with severe lag

West Europe most likely isn’t the fastest if you are in South East Asia.

This is ridiculous, everything was fine an hour ago and now no matter which plane I choose the gauges are non functional or the vfr map is frozen…

Just to add a data point, I used the flight plan as is from the download link above in the Cessna 414 with dual 750’s, and had no issues with either of them.

Hello, what a beautiful trip. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have had similar issues with the VFR map freezing following loading of the downloaded flight pln.