[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-In: James Bond England Tour

Pictured above: Buckingham Palace from forum user @canuck695

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @Jummivana, @SeedyL3205, @FactualGull1036, and @zkdos

When: Friday, October 8 @ 1900Z for two hours.
2021-10-08T19:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

The latest film in the James Bond franchise, No Time To Die, releases in most countries this weekend. As seen in last week’s screenshot challenge, Agent 007 has visited many exciting points of interest from all around the world. In this week’s Community Fly-In, we will tour a few of them from Bond’s home country, the United Kingdom.

• Southend Airport (from Goldfinger)
  • Big Ben & Palace of Westminster (from Dr. No)
  • Westminster Bridge (from Spectre)
  • Buckingham Palace (from Die Another Day and Spectre)
  • Vauxhall Bridge (from Skyfall)
  • MI6 Headquarters (from multiple Bond films)
  • Chelsea (from Dr. No and Live and Let Die)
  • Oxford University (from Tomorrow Never Dies)
  • Southampton Docks (from Diamonds Are Forever)

To fully enjoy the scenery on this flight, please ensure you have the free World Update III (United Kingdom and Ireland) installed from the in-sim Marketplace. You can optionally also purchase the Orbx Landmarks London City Pack, but this is not required.

Flight plan: London Southend Airport (EGMC) to Southampton International Airport (EGHI) with touch & go landings at London City (EGLC) and London Heathrow (EGLL) en route.

Pilots on the PC platform can download the .pln file for this flight here:
Community Fly-In James Bond Tour October 8 2021.PLN (4.7 KB)

For Xbox pilots, I will spend the first few minutes of the stream quickly explaining how you can create your own flight plan using the World Map. Alternatively, you can simply fly along with the group without using a pre-defined flight plan.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Cessna 172, XCub, Pipistrel Virus, JMB VL-3, or similar.

We will be starting at EGMC. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server North Europe
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Day time

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

10 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Don’t forget your Junkers!

1 Like

2 Likes

That was awesome, finally found a good use for the Bond livery BN-2, and I was able to stay with the pack this time :smiley: another great flight

3 Likes

Thanks everyone- some great formation flying today! :uk:

5 Likes

If anyone wants to watch the credit sequence again, I uploaded it to my YouTube channel here.

Once again, a HUGE thanks to all our @moderators for everything they do for the Microsoft Flight Simulator Community! <3

7 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Awesome video! Can’t wait to join fly-in next week!

BTW I got a trivia question correct (Bond family crest) but never got a DM on Twitch after. Same username as here, hoping I’ll still get the message?

3 Likes

Great fly 007’s!! Thanks at all! Amazing intro sequence :top:

4 Likes