[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in this Thursday - Tour de Alps

This event generally takes place on Fridays, but this week it is moved to Thursday due to other conflicts.

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Flight plans will be brought to you by @Pieter1982NL and your regular hosts will be @simtom2 and @Jummivana.

When: Thursday, 1800Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event on September 3rd.

03.09 FLIGHT DETAILS

We will be taking off from LFLS for a VFR flight through the French alps in the evening. We will land at LFNC for a short refuelling break if necessary.

The second part of the route will continue through the Alps to Torino, Italy (LIMF)

This will be a full VFR flight, although an AP option is available with the provided flight plan.

Altitude is at onces own discretion. A full obstacle free height over the whole route is 8000 ft

If you would like to participate, please comment below letting us know if you’ll be there!

PLANNING

The total flight time should be a little over 2 hours.

Any GA plane is allowed. We will try too keep the pack together, but this might be challenging given the great diversity which is possible currently.

Although we will use the “All player” setting, using live weather is greatly encouraged. If conditions deteriorate during flight we will switch to broken clouds or high clouds.

Please load your aircraft 15 minutes prior to take off at LFLS and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

Around 5 minutes prior to take off begin taxiing to the active runway (will be announced). We will do a parallel start and after that start departing to the east.

WEATHER

We will use live weather. However, if conditions are unfavorable, we will select a weather preset with the same UTC time.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server West Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Live

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is provided by the following link:

VFR Isere (LFLS) to Caselle (LIMF) route I.pln

Google Drive file.

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the globe
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

27 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to join!

1 Like

Wow, a great list of information and planning!
Thank you very much and I’ll be glad to join the pack :+1:t3:

1 Like

Looking forward to joining you.

1 Like

In :sunglasses:

1 Like

How does this work with discord? What do I have to do so that I can become a member there?

Thanks…looking forward to this even

Just make an account there and you’re ready to go.

I already have an account. Do I have to do something about verification?

You use the link above to join the msfs server. There you simply read the instructions, they clearly say what to do.
Read the server rules and the introduction and react on the last post of the introduction. This will reveal the rest of the channels to you.

1 Like

that sounds good, I’m in

1 Like

First time in a MSFS fly-in event, I’m happy to join!

1 Like

Love the official community events. I’ve joined every one thus far. So fun and engaging.

1 Like

Hi, I will try to join the event, first time for me to jump into Multiplayer conditions, does any one already know the event start time in any case, thanks in advance ?

Sorry guys, just read better at the moment

Would love to join in the official community fly-in events but the time zone is a bit unfriendly for those of us in Asia time zones. However saying that, still enjoy downloading the flight plans and flying in my own time!

Never tried this with any sim before, so it should be fun!

I know where to set multiplayer, weather, air traffic, but where is the option for the western europe server? Never mind, I found it under my profile.

Hi there, I’ll try to be there, I’ll try the crossing with a 152 so… I’ll take my time…

Nice I will be there