[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in this Thursday - Tour de Alps

Does anyone know what could be blocking ? I’ve done the same flight until LFNC without seeing any aircarft around mine in the Sim

Server West Europe and All players set ?

Thanks @GothicHeart77, I guess the All players option is before entering flight ? Server is OK

Yes. Before you start flying.

Edit: Under Flight Conditions.

It was a nice trip. SIMTOM, thanks for the organization, :+1:t2:

Thanks again @GothicHeart77, this was really the fix, my bad I didn’t checked this point before loading and entering flight, so it eventually worked and I’ve seen everyone, though not seeing my aircraft in the twitch stream, this doesn’t matter, but I guess we have to be at the start to be incorporated by the server host

Thanks for flying with us today! Feel free to share some screenshots in this thread as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was a fun ride and beautiful route (with a surprise-climb in the middle :D).
Had a hard time to keep up with my C172 though, travelling at max 110kts IAS with quite some fuel…

There were so many people flying that most of the time I didn’t see Tom, the limit seems to be around 20 aircraft around you and it is quite random. That’s also the reason others don’t see themselves on the stream.

Shortly before turning into final:

Thanks for the great organization!

2 Likes

Yes, it was fun! And the route was really great - I think I will fly it again in the near future. Thanks to the orga team and all who participated! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:t2:

1 Like

You were quite late to join, maybe that’s why you didn’t see anyone?

The instructions are/were quite easy (15min ahead of departure, so at around 17:45 UTC):

• Western Europe Server (select it in the top right corner by clicking your profile image and select the server)
  • Load the provided Flight Plan (World Map → Load/Save)
    – Select the departing gate to not start on the runway
  • Set the Flight Conditions to “All Players” and Live weather
  • Select your preferred aircraft

That’s basically it and then follow the Twitch stream since the hosts usually join at the event start time. But you should see a lot of other players on the tarmac beforehand. We’ve been waiting there.

5 Likes

Was a lot of fun, Thanks for the organization! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! Great fun!

1 Like

Here is a video of us all!

1 Like

1 Like

I had a great time. Unfortunately, two CTDs during the flight kept me from participating in the photo-op at the end, but I buzzed the airfield as you were all taking off again. Looking forward to the next one!

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys for joining our trip. It was another great flight and I am already looking forward to the next one. :star_struck: :pizza:

I was there too!!! Great fun, until a change of time (it was getting dark and I was flying VFR on C152, no need to crash on a mountain…) caused the CTD without notice…
Anyway, the 152 is way too slow for the fly-in, everybody was making +100kts and I was struggling in the back of the group with 90ish…

The Flightplan hasnt worked well. After opening the .pln file on globmap in fs2020, its only shows the direct route from LFLS to LIMF but not the actual route or the LFNC Waypoint.